Thought on Cadillac CT5 Blackwing?

Blown 89

Established Member
Electrical issues like crazy.
Nothing someone on a car forum can't fix.

The 12c's electrical issues are usually hvac screen replacements (There's a $20 fix on aliexpress) that takes all of about 5 minutes to fix. The wing....again, easy fix. The factory flashes the ECU issue for free. There's also problems with the doors, again, doable in your own garage for around a grand. Most of the issues that car has are well documented on the forums and are generally easy fixes if you're willing to tackle them. Like a lot of things they're blown way out of proportion.

FWIW, I have both brands in my garage at the moment. While I am on the 12c's title it is my father's. I'm the only one that drives it and take care of the maintenance for him. If the OP is looking for a fun toy I'd pick that 1,000 times over a low volume GM product.

In comparison, my V has been a maintenance nightmare and that's putting it mildly. There are a bevy of issues with the newer models too.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm going on 7 months in my wait for a C8, but fear I'd miss out on a dying breed if I don't consider getting a Blackwing. I think the C8s will be available, but the wait is getting old.....and I ain't getting any younger.

Blackwing > C8 all day long

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely a Blackwing unless you really yearn for a 2023 Stingray. But...that Z06 might make me willing to wait for it.

2023-z06-z07-performance-package-01.jpg

I have seen the Z06 up close and it is absolutely amazing. I would pay +25 ADM for it no problem.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nothing someone on a car forum can't fix.

The 12c's electrical issues are usually hvac screen replacements (There's a $20 fix on aliexpress) that takes all of about 5 minutes to fix. The wing....again, easy fix. The factory flashes the ECU issue for free. There's also problems with the doors, again, doable in your own garage for around a grand. Most of the issues that car has are well documented on the forums and are generally easy fixes if you're willing to tackle them. Like a lot of things they're blown way out of proportion.

FWIW, I have both brands in my garage at the moment. While I am on the 12c's title it is my father's. I'm the only one that drives it and take care of the maintenance for him. If the OP is looking for a fun toy I'd pick that 1,000 times over a low volume GM product.

In comparison, my V has been a maintenance nightmare and that's putting it mildly. There are a bevy of issues with the newer models too.

The one my dad had for a bit had different issues.

The transmission would intermittedly not engage from neutral to 1st. The driver side door wouldn't release, and open. The tachometer would randomly peg out at idle, engine rpms were still at idle. It would go into limp mode and throw a code for either one or two cylinders going lean...but when hooked up to a computer, it would show they were all good to go. Didn't have any issues with the wing though. The transmission was the biggest issue. He had an early 2014 and sold it after about 6 months of ownership and 480 miles, after it's 3rd trip to McLaren (Dallas I believe).

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
You can get a blackwing in a manual....... (a HUGE plus to me). Might even be GM's last 3 pedal car, with the death of the Camaro?

+1000

Really a fantastic car. Hands down the best domestic sedan ever made. Last of breed for sure. The manual would be epic.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I feel this way about the Focus/Fiesta ST. I really want one of those as a fun little toy to throw around and road trip in. Not many cars for that price that do the same thing.

Subaru has entered the chat...

And from what I've read the Hyundai N20 and VW GTI are better than the Focus.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
If you have $100K to spend, consider the Lexus LC500. Rare 5.0 V8 luxury muscle with Toyota quality. Sadly, no manual.

Last edited:

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Or, you can look at the base C8 like owning a 5.0 Mustang GT. And the Z06 like owning a GT-500. Just saying. ;)
True, but you can also say base c8 is like the owning a Ecoboost, Z06 is like owning a gt, zr1 is like a gt500. Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread