Those with cut coils, come in!

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Before I got chopping up my stock coils I wanted to see how many of you are satisfied with the new stance.

Here's what I'd like to know:

How many coils did you cut from the front/rear?

Did the car settle even lower after a while of having the springs cut?

Are you scraping a lot?

Thanks in advanced for the info.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You rang? 1 full coil front and rear, love it. Only ever hit once on a huge speed bump just creeping over it, sucker was huge. Maybe settled just a bit. I also put cc plates in to make alignment easier.

041.jpg

015-2.jpg

ctgreddy

Established Member
I will upload pics later, but I cut about 7/8 off the front and rear and was very pleased, gave me the perfect amount of wheel gap IMO. My exhaust did scrape quite a bit after but only because it hung low to begin with, much lower than #694's exhaust.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I cut 7/8 up front and 3/4 rear and wish I had cut more in the rear. I also used C/C plates up front and glad I did.

Tractionless1

Established Member
3/4 cut front no additional sag, zero scraping, Iso's in. Rears are Steeda Sport with Iso's. Remember you need suspension travel and clearence in the rear if you're drag launching.

FrontDSBBS.gif

westray

0563 SVT
Established Member
In my old cobra they were cut 3/4 all the way around and sat perfect. ISO were in also.

See my sig for a pic

ctgreddy

Established Member
also i will add that with 7/8 off the front i did NOT need cc plates. I aligned it at work and the front was still in the green, just had to adjust the rear some.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
I ended you cutting 3/4 front with iso's in and 1 coil rear with iso's in. Also threw on some CC plates on along with 1" spacer in the rear. I'll post pics once I'm done polishing my exhaust!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
3/4 coil up front and 1 whole coil in the rear, the car probably settled about 1/4 to 3/8" after driving it a few times. I scrape once in a while but nothing to bad

42561729.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread