Those interested in the new GT500,....

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I dont know, the 2007 z06 vette, thats a pretty damn sharp looking car.
They aren't ugly, but look WAY to similar to a C5, which makes the C6 look like it was manufactured in the 90's. Great performers tho.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mike99

Established Member
They aren't ugly, but look WAY to similar to a C5, which makes the C6 look like it was manufactured in the 90's. Great performers tho.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You make a valid point. But C6 does look better than the C5. No more pop up headlights and the rear flows a lot better. Guy I bought the car from hated the C7 rear end styling and bought a mint C6 ZR1 instead as an upgrade. C7 interior is a significant improvement. Almost bought a C7 Z but the styling was too "over the top" for me. Also didn't need/want all the cameras and other gismos that came with the car. I get the same experience for 1/3rd the price. Lucked out finding a 10 year old one in mint condition. Many corvettes are garage queens which makes them good used cars to buy.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
What I wish they did with the C7 Z06 cars is give you the option to upgrade the interior to/like the upgraded interior of the Grand Sport.
Now that is a killer interior.

mike99

Established Member
I
C6z look great imo. At least the outside, interior still looks like it's from the 90's.
Interior reminds me of the Terminator...except the dash has real oil pressure, temp and voltage gauges.... those and the Heads Up Display is all I was looking for. I just drive it for fun on weekends... If you're looking for a DD with a luxurious interior this car ain't it!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks are totally subjective.

There are many many people who think the c5 FRC is one of the best looking vettes ever.

The die hard corvette base was actually pissed the FRC wasn't offered in the c6 upon its initial release.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I dont think I had ever hear anyone complaining about the c6 z06's looks (on the outside).

It is still one of the sexiests cars of today. IMO. Not to mention STILL a top dog.

mike99

Established Member
Looks are totally subjective.

There are many many people who think the c5 FRC is one of the best looking vettes ever.

The die hard corvette base was actually pissed the FRC wasn't offered in the c6 upon its initial release.
That's a great point you make! Newer isn't always better. Classic versus outdated depends on passing the test of time...

Fourcam380

Established Member
More than anything it’s the interiors that date cars these days. Nothing ruins an otherwise decent interior quite like a generation old nav.

Yes you can look for the odd car without one, but it seriously limits the field. Not a fan of aftermarket systems either.

Random and non sequitur but still relevant to automotive greatness... the new Aston TT 5.2l DI 4V V12 DB11 is underrated at 600/516 at the crank and sounds 8/10 as good as the 6.0. It’s a legit high 10 @ 128-130 car on DRs otherwise stock. Breaks the tires loose with TC intervention in sport (obviously when off as well) routinely at wot at 90+. It uses a pair of MED17 ecus meaning unlike the visteon using 6.0l na v12, these should be tunable and for solid gains on top of that.

The bad news is they are pretty speedy new. The good news is that there’s a good bit of inventory out there. And the horrid depreciation should make these accessible to most in 2-3 years. IE a clean 5k mile ‘14 DB9 was $240K+ but was bought wholesale by a friend for $60K in ‘16.

Aston, Ferrari, Lambo and bmw/rolls are the only production 4V V12s on the market these days, Aston and bmw/rolls the only TT 4V V12s.

Mb has 3V TT V12s and Bentley uses VW groups TT 4V W12.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Damn man, 2-yr old car with 5000 miles for $60k and original $240k sticker!
I know nobody pays sticker but that's helluva depreciation hit and a ton of car for $60k!
-J

Don't put too much stock or confidence in that. Very few people can purchase a car for wholesale. That's misleading information.

Fourcam380

Established Member
Don't put too much stock or confidence in that. Very few people can purchase a car for wholesale. That's misleading information.

Who said anything about everyone having the ability to purchase at wholesale?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Who said anything about everyone having the ability to purchase at wholesale?

You did right here.

... The good news is that there’s a good bit of inventory out there. And the horrid depreciation should make these accessible to most in 2-3 years. IE a clean 5k mile ‘14 DB9 was $240K+ but was bought wholesale by a friend for $60K in ‘16.

Fourcam380

Established Member
You did right here.

No I said there’s a good bit of inventory out there as far as DB11s because there is.

Also that good deals can be had in expensive euro cars after just 2-3 years.

Try not to put words in other people’s mouths.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
No I said there’s a good bit of inventory out there as far as DB11s because there is.

Also that good deals can be had in expensive euro cars after just 2-3 years.

That's not what you said at all. The words you typed said that people could get $240K Aston Martins for $60K in 2 -3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread