This will be my set up, and I have some ???

F8LSNK04

Established Member
Well you see guys I plan to start my modding next week or so..... But I dont have the green to add a cat back right now, but I will. I do have money to add an Offroad X- pipe. Will I lose lots of power, will it sound nasty with stock catback, what numbers should I see HP, TQ and how much PSI. What belt do I run with the pulley set up I will have? Does the Johnny Lightning CAI seem to restrictive any one with PICS? Should I go with a Different CAI? This will be my set up:

Johnny Lightning Cold Air
Reichard Racing Ultra Grip 2.80 Upper Pulley
Metco100mm Auxiliary Idler
Pair of JDM Billet 100mm Idler Pulleys
JDM Boost Bypass Kit
NGK Spark Plugs TR6
Autologic custom chip, Dyno tuned by Mike Murillo
VRS Stainless Steel offroad X pipe

Juiced-03

Established Member
Looks like a nice combo. Skip the boost bypass kit though. You can do it for free by switching two vacuum lines. Go to RPMoutlet.com and go to the cobra page. There are instructions there.

Ditch the JDM 100mm idlers. Keep the auxilary, that will help out. The extra idlers do nothing really. Just looks. The RR pulley is already nonslip and with an upper idler that will be plenty as far as belt slip is concerned. Save that money for the catback.

Your numbers are going to be weak without a catback with a 2.80. You could lose 20-40 hp without a catback! Save a little more money and do it right. Your car will only be as powerful as the weakest link, which will surely be the catback. That's like an olympic runner breathing through a straw during a marathon.

The JLP kit is very expensive, and people have had some stalling issues with it. The ram air piece is sort of hit miss. I personally wouldnt take the chance of my car stalling at 60mph, so I would recommend just getting a nice powerstack filter on an adapter. Much cheaper too, so take the savings and put towards a catback :D

99cobraclone

Established Member
This is just my opinion but I would save the money up and get the cat back first. The stock cat back is pretty restrictive, but so is the mid pipe. I would guess you'll gain maybe 8 and 8. You'll get more with the cat back mated to it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Juiced-03 and 99cobraclone posted good recommendations in my opinion. I always tell people to make a catback and CAI their first mods. Then follow/build with the others. JMO. You're on the right path for sure. :)

Users who are viewing this thread