This or this?

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Just got some garage room for a new toy. I don't want to spend a lot but this and this have my attention. I think both are overpriced and I need some more info on the first one which I'll get Monday when I see/drive it. The second I deal with tomorrow.

Opinions? (on these two only, please)

Troponin

Established Member
Hmm, the Evo looks like it could be a lot of work to keep running smoothly.

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting to see such completely different vehicles. Are you just looking for something "showy" or do you want more out of it?

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Showy? Maybe "ish". I'm more interested in something that will put me back in my seat, something I don't see every day while being an enjoyable drive. I've had a mildly modded Evo and it was okay. I've never driven a Hummer but I like that it's big and if it can get out of it's own way, all the better.

Chances are high that whatever I get won't be here a year from now.

Troponin

Established Member
Showy? Maybe "ish". I'm more interested in something that will put me back in my seat, something I don't see every day while being an enjoyable drive. I've had a mildly modded Evo and it was okay. I've never driven a Hummer but I like that it's big and if it can get out of it's own way, all the better.

Chances are high that whatever I get won't be here a year from now.

I would be curious to know how fast that Hummer is. My truck runs really good. It's tuned, with full emissions delete, but it wasn't near enough for me, so I got the Mustang. I would guess 0-60 to be around 6.2.

I said all of that, because I wonder if you're a hp freak like me, you might not be happy for long with the hummer. Any idea how fast it is?

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
I would be curious to know how fast that Hummer is. My truck runs really good. It's tuned, with full emissions delete, but it wasn't near enough for me, so I got the Mustang. I would guess 0-60 to be around 6.2.

I said all of that, because I wonder if you're a hp freak like me, you might not be happy for long with the hummer. Any idea how fast it is?

I've got a stock F-150 w/ Ecoboost that, I think, does 0 - 60 in about that. If the Hummer isn't a TON quicker I'll end the test drive in a real hurry.

I've had plenty of quick vehicles though I think the Evo would probably waste all of 'em (except the sport bikes). I'm a little old for that kind of car but as I'm more interested in the fun than the look, I'll probably make an offer if I like it as much as I expect to.

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
That price seems kinda high for the hummer even with the supercharger. I havent really ever looked into them much though

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
That price seems kinda high for the hummer even with the supercharger. I havent really ever looked into them much though

My thought as well. The owner seems to think he deserves his mod money back. I'd never come close to paying his ask.

oldmodman

Established Member
Get the Hummer.

It's gigantic, really pisses most people off, and get's really shitty gas mileage.

That way you can get the bumper sticker that says "I am using up all that gas you saved by driving that little pile of crap"

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Get the Hummer.

It's gigantic, really pisses most people off, and get's really shitty gas mileage.

That way you can get the bumper sticker that says "I am using up all that gas you saved by driving that little pile of crap"

You have no idea how much joy that would give me during my Seattle work-weeks. It's really common to see the "Your Hummer Is Stupid" bumper sticker on a Prius.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Evo all the way. Looks like that Evo would rape most things on and OFF the street. That Hummer is a gigantic clumsy tank.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread