THIS is why 03's get a bad name

doubleblack

Established Member
I like the fact that the 03 has a bad name and looks so much like its brethren...the less people know the better...

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
A road course is 50% car and 50% driver. Maybe even more driver. A good driver in an Audi A4 can crush a novice in a Z06. Unless you know who is driving you cannot guage cars by looking at results on a road course, especailly in a situation like that one which was obviously a non-competitive event for weekend warriors.

I have crushed much faster cars at events like that because people can't drive or are afraid to push their cars. I have been crushed by much slower cars because I can't drive and am afraid to push my car past a certain point.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
And here I didn't even know the 03 Cobras had a bad name. Everyone who sees mine starts drooling all over the place.

Scobra03

Established Member
jealously will get them no where... if they knew what they were talking about they would not have even showed the video...o3,s rock ..why because i own one...

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Holey smokes. I get to hear some redneck hicks where I live, but those people are plainly inbred. Whoo.

Brad

Banned
03's only have a bad name when you have no idea what you're talking about, and who cares about opinions that come from ignorant people!

03CobraBro

Established Member
"Well that thar car's got alot of power man (The GTS)... Them Mustang guys aint got sheit" :rollseyes

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Who is the doofus riding with that guy... :nonono: I'd like to slap him around.

That guy was moron... WTF... [redneck]Yeah thats one dem STEDA'S... I'm gonner get that boy to do my car...500hp[/redneck] WTF...more like 99 cobra asshole..What douche bags....

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
why would that give us a bad name? I didn't see anyone say they were 03's, or did I miss something? There was nothing bad about the red 99 and white 01's driving. Road racing is different than drag racing. Most the time you don't go out there and race as hard as you can and try to pass everyone, actually on some tracks, and depending on the class you are in, you are not allowed to pass in some areas. Its not about beating the people on the track, its about learning to driver better. Thats why whenever someone is close behind, you wave them by on the straight. So that way you can let him go and you can have more room around so you can learn more. Its not because your car is slow and you suck, its because it is stupid to waste your brakes and beat on your car just to keep someone from passing you. I don't see why you would say that this gives us a bad name? Its about learning, not winning.

sonic77

Established Member
I agree with Cobra03 and KevinJKD. It depends a lot on the driver. The track events I've been to are all about learning how to drive and not beating the other cars on the track.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by PimpJuiceFord
http://www.slobird.com/video.htm

Watch the videos, those arent 03's, those are 99/01's. People see that, and think, wow, a regular ol vette can take a 03 cobra! They must be slow!

Silly people.... :rolleyes: :cuss: :loser:

The vette driver mentioned the cobra had over 500 hp? It is a 99 cobra, but maybe it has a s/c? The vette driver sounds like a dork.. Ha ha.

Last edited:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I also don't see how those videos give the 03 a bad name either....Just a couple of guys having fun at the track and conversating........Heck,the person in the Mustang might have been a novice track driver.....Oh well...

97whitevert

Established Member
I, ahhh, ahmmm, well... I was there that day, hehehe, I think there was 2 of us in 03's there that day, just not in that group. I had sworn I was NOT going to put the 03 on the track- really, i wasn't!
:rolleyes: but I just had to, peer pressure i think;-) i decided to run on D group as to not push it too much.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Well what I didnt get... First of all what kind of mods did the Vette guy have? Secondly... if that vette was stock, and that guy in the 99/01 Cobra had 500 some RWHP I dont see how that Z06 was having such an easy time pulling on it in the straights. If the vette had a certain ammount of engine work done than its more than beleivable... but... I dont know.

97whitevert

Established Member
It was a driving school. And rainy to boot. I didnt' download the video, I've seen it already, but i went to slobirds site just to confirm the event. The guy driving that vette was very nice; don't know who the passenger was. The track is so hard on brakes, no one was going 10/10's, not even 8/10's I'd say. I do HIGHLY reccommend that track to any of you junkies out there! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread