This is random but...01 motor possibly?

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
So im really confused, i was just reading through the basic facts listed by quadcammer out of boredom and saw the belt routing diagram. When i did my naz-ty intake manifold i had to detension the belt obviously which meant rerunning the belt. Well when i reran the belt it was an 01 cobra motor set up with 2 idler pullies. If i remember right we checked the vin and it matched up., was there some recall that they added another idler or something. This was a while back but thought id post it anyways :shrug:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
since oxford white wasn't offered in 99, it seems as though you have an 01 cobra, right? If so, then Im a bit confused.

Its possible that someone installed an 01 timing cover for some reason although I wouldn't know why.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
There were actually 2 different belt routings used in the 99's, one was early run and there was a late run. The late run 99's almost the same routing as the 01's, not exactly but close since the 01's belt is 3 inches smaller than the 99.

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
my build number is number 288, so i would consider that early. And where did you get oxford white from? Unless i said that by accident, my car is crystal white or ultra white, whichever they wanna call it

and about the timing cover what i was thinking is that i heard some chatter about the idle on 99s being f'd up sometimes and thats why they added another idler on the 01s. Maybe the person before me had this problem and went and had it fixed and thats how they did it? adding the extra idler/01 timing cover

Last edited:

Nazman

Established Member
There were actually 2 different belt routings used in the 99's, one was early run and there was a late run. The late run 99's almost the same routing as the 01's, not exactly but close since the 01's belt is 3 inches smaller than the 99.

Very much correct. The early runs had the old style and the later runs had the 01 type.

Anoter thing to consider was the "recall" and they changed the tensioner pulley style.

So, you could have a 99 with the up-dated TC cover/pulley combo.

Naz

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
my build number is number 288, so i would consider that early.

:shrug: Mine is #2085 and I have the "early" style belt routing, but the tensioner is the same as the 01's. I think it may be what Nazman pointed out and be some wierd mish-mash due to the recalls.

Users who are viewing this thread