this dealer is advertising @ sticker price....

PJM99

Established Member
I know nothing about them or the car just noticed the ad in the local bargainnews. FYI purposes only!

2007 FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 $45,060, 8 cyl, dual air bags front and side VIN:1ZVHT88SX75201915, Stock No:3163C, Conveniently located minutes from the Greater Hartford area. Inventory is always moving so don't wait, call us at 860-688-3651 . For special savings you must ask for GUY CIVITELLO, and say you saw it on Bargain News!

http://www.bargainnews.com/ct/1052/seligford.cfm?TheDealer=1052

Last edited:

Ryan02Stang

Established Member
Very nice! Its nice to see a dealer that cares about more than just money. This just proves they will be able to be had under MSRP sometime in the near future....

PJM99

Established Member
Ryan02Stang said:
Very nice! Its nice to see a dealer that cares about more than just money. This just proves they will be able to be had under MSRP sometime in the near future....

I'm guessing they'll probably throw on some sort of "market charge" when you get there but I can't be sure of that. Worth looking into if you want one of these things. I do, but not right now. I want a house and I'm happy with my Cobras.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Wishful thinking...but it's a classic bait & switch. :rollseyes

I called "Guy" and inquired about this car...to which he replied..."That price is the sticker price...not the price it is selling for."
He said bids over MSRP are being entertained and are currently up around 15k over.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Snakebite said:

I called "Guy" and inquired about this car...to which he replied..."That price is the sticker price...not the price it is selling for."
He said bids over MSRP are being entertained and are currently up around 15k over.

The dealers charging and hoping to charge 10-15-20k over sticker are going to be in for a surprise when the GT500 flood gates open soon! :-D

venams03

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
The dealers charging and hoping to charge 10-15-20k over sticker are going to be in for a surprise when the GT500 flood gates open soon! :-D

agree with you on that one! Only a matter of time... :beer:

californiacuda

Established Member
If you were selling your house in a hot market that might cool off in a few months, would you be price gouging if you sold it today for as much as you could?

muhtalicbloo

Established Member
i can't wait either b/c there's a lot of older tight wads that have barely driven 03's/04's just waitin for the price to come down to get the newest cobra.....errr gt500....and when those prices come down on the gt500's....i will be on the market for a like new 03/04

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
muhtalicbloo said:
i can't wait either b/c there's a lot of older tight wads that have barely driven 03's/04's just waitin for the price to come down to get the newest cobra.....errr gt500....and when those prices come down on the gt500's....i will be on the market for a like new 03/04

Gee I guess I'm one of the older tight wads. :bored: Sold my 03 with only 800 miles on the OD for this car.

drmustang

Banned
Snakebite said:

How nice of these greaseballs to "entertain" bids. I think I've heard it all now.

Only a fool would listen to any of that garbage. This is the kind of crap that makes people despise car dealers.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
stangman232v6 said:
ive read they are going to make 8-10k shelbys for 07 and probably more for 08, wait till next year and you can get one for close to sticker.

8k units for 3 to 4 years. basically they will build more gt500's than the 03 style mustang svt. just letting everyone know that an 07 can and will be purchased for msrp, and it will not be long before one can be had for less than msrp. :beer:

darkshadow03

Established Member
californiacuda said:
If you were selling your house in a hot market that might cool off in a few months, would you be price gouging if you sold it today for as much as you could?
Why ask you know we all would :rollseyes
Nobody wants to think that way! :shrug:

Wild Bill

Established Member
californiacuda said:
you gotta love the guys that stick up for price gouging. So if there is a natural disaster and convience stores are selling bottled water for $50 a bottle thats ok too?Just because you can do something doesnt mean you always should.It is short term thinking that will only hurt the dealers and possibly even ford in the long run.Why would I remain a loyal customer when they will screw me any chance they get?I've already purchased one car out of state,my 04 coup that I got brand new for under 29k.That was when the dealers here still wanted over msrp.Now a deallership that I bought 2 vehicals previously may never have me back again.Now I believe in buying american when you can but many others are not as loyal and may be turned to imports over this crap.Oh well I guess its up to the dealers if they want lifetime loyal customers or a quick buck now. :poke:

drmustang

Banned
ac427cobra said:

I really hope that you are correct about this. The avaricious practices and general arrogance of many Ford retailers is more than enough to drive a GT500 buyer over to the bow tie guys and right into a C6 with a $5,000 discount. How many initial T-Bird buyers went the same route when faced with their dealers mindless "gimmie al your money now" mentality. Remember those cars?

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
They all will charge more if they can get more, its just supply and demand.

I thought this was taught in school.

Thus the price of gas forever changing !

Users who are viewing this thread