This concept phone would punch all other phones in the face

MLMike25

Established Member
The battery source would probably have to be alien-tech though...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG3tLxEQEdg"]YouTube - Mozilla Seabird 2D[/nomedia]

DaBigBone

Established Member
Pretty sweet....if it would all actually work and not cost a million dollars

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Pretty sweet....if it would all actually work and not cost a million dollars

I could see it retailing for $800, only due to the fact the bluetooth headset with IR tracker is probably $100 alone, and the built in projectors for both the keyboards and the screen projector.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I could see it retailing for $800, only due to the fact the bluetooth headset with IR tracker is probably $100 alone, and the built in projectors for both the keyboards and the screen projector.

$800? probably more like 1500. I remember when i paid $1400 for my n95 like 5 years ago.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
$800? probably more like 1500. I remember when i paid $1400 for my n95 like 5 years ago.

:shrug: dunno what to tell you on that.......

People still buy Nokia phones in the US?

If they charge $800 nobody will buy it, and itll end up just like your N95.....overshadowed by many others on the market.

If Mozilla wants to get into the mobile phone market, theyd need to enter it making a loss but as product line moves forward and product cost gets cheaper, start building profit. Just like whenever a new console comes out, the first year or two (or 3 if youre Sony) are in the red, but past that you make profit.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
:shrug: dunno what to tell you on that.......

People still buy Nokia phones in the US?

If they charge $800 nobody will buy it, and itll end up just like your N95.....overshadowed by many others on the market.

If Mozilla wants to get into the mobile phone market, theyd need to enter it making a loss but as product line moves forward and product cost gets cheaper, start building profit. Just like whenever a new console comes out, the first year or two (or 3 if youre Sony) are in the red, but past that you make profit.

in case you dont remember, 5 years ago the most advanced cell phone here was a nextel lol. I used to be a phone dealer.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
it'll depend on the radio set that's in it and how much the retail is to see if a carrier will pick it up.

For it to be competitive it needs to be 199 without a MIR or 149 after a MIR.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Awesome! Yes if this phone came out next year it would cost a buttload, but I think its more important to note that in 20/30 years this will be the norm for all cell phones. Blows my mind! The dual projector to make the keyboard and screen was vicious.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Amazing what they are dreaming up next for phones.

But, they must be having a hard time coming up with new phone names. Seabird? Maybe that's because it will eventually take a big crap when you least expect it, much like a Seagull. :lol1:

bscarberry

Established Member
Reminds me of some of the stuff Pranav Mistry has been working on "Sixth Sense Technology".

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQEHtvNsfKE"]YouTube - Sixth Sense Technology TED[/nomedia]

Last edited:

laruei

Established Member
Someone made a good point in the comments... awesome ideas..

But where is the room for the battery?!

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
awh jeez!

I still have an envy 2 with a broken front keyboard. While all that stuff is pretty cool, I have absolutely no interest in that. I went into verizon last week, and their plans are just nuts now with all this extra stuff. I was looking at this one phone, and they were going to charge me an extra $30 a month for the internet ($360 a year!!!), which I wouldnt ever use on my phone and had no desire to use. If I want to use the internet, I'll use my laptop. Until then, all I need out of my phone is a camera, the ability to talk and text, and a video camera.. Sometimes I hate new technology. Drives me crazy.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread