This cant be right....500HP after mods

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Huddleston

Data logging on the dyno is the equivalent of running on a tread mill and doing an EKG. It reveals everything.

IAT2 high and Retarding Spark
Knock Sensor Retarding Spark

Just for example. If you have knock it will retard spark 1-2 degrees and voila you're down 30-40 RWHP.

Excessive IAT2 (I know it's cold out but we still need to data log) you get over 130-140 IAT2 and spark advance retard kicks in.

Here's the good news. For 2011+ GT500's you can data log your car and send the logs in to Lund Racing for review for free. You simply need a laptop and your xcal and the supplied USB and you're in business. Log onto the website, create a user ID and get the necessary parameters for logging and rock on.

I hope this helps and please feel free to call me if you have any questions or need assistance.

Van
Nice analogy :D
Datalog it to make sure it's safe and there's not a mechanical cause, and if not the drag strip trap speed will give you the true answer.
Don't get hung up on the numbers, if it's safe and you're happy, number doesn't matter.
-J
:beer:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
that makes me feel a little better. i was expecting somewhere in the 520 range. i thought most 2012's stock were anywhere from 460-490. with these mods i figured i would at least pickup 50-60 hp.

My car stock with resonator delete and filter made 516rwhp and ran 11.90's @ 119 mph. It's safe to say either your dyno ing on a not so friendly Dyno or something is off...I also agree with the 1/4 mile telling the whole story

Last edited:

fullboogie

Established Member
This should illustrate why it is so important to get a baseline dyno before you start modding. Otherwise, you're in the dark.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
My '10 with just the KR exhaust put down 507 hp, but every car is different as well as every dyno and weather.

Poppacapp

Established Member
You didn't say what type of dyno you were on.

Mustang dyno would be lower than Dynojet. 505rwhp on a Mustang dyno would be normal. If you were to take it to a Dynojet, you would be 540-550 rwhp range.

Does the car FEEL more powerful?

Huddleston

The Sawed Off Scott Gun
Established Member
the car feels totally different. I will trust my "butt dyno" for now and will put the car on the dyno again in a few months. there are so many factors that could make it produce lower numbers than what I expected.

the shop used a dyno jet.

Thanks again to Van for helping me understand the various factors that could contribute to the lower numbers.

red gt500

Established Member
cool it down with ice and do another run ..
you should do at least 530 to the wheels with your mods

Users who are viewing this thread