This can mean but one thing!

99VERT

Established Member
AFFFBF5D-76B6-4D07-B1DC-5B8E0D0BE113_zpsvt9kukvs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] You guessed it Longtube headers going in! Took over30 minutes to get car up on jack stands correctly. About 3-1/2 hours into it. Pulled the k member out for more room.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is that MP4 file with or without the long tubes? How do you like the sound after installing the LTs?

Good looking GT-500!!

99VERT

Established Member
That is pre long tubes. I'm in the middle of the long tube install now. Hopefully have them finished up by this weekend.

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
I put my LT's on when the engine was out of the car and it wasn't easy lol. Getting the bolts tight is a PITA! Good luck with install, they sure will sound great.

99VERT

Established Member
Finished the install tonight. Amazing! I can't believe how small the factory manifolds are! They really neck down right before the exit into the X-pipe. Its a little late here to really rap the gas but just a few blips of the throttle and its noticeably louder. Its very quiet at idle though. Took me about 14 hours total with my 10 year old son helping from time to time. Didn't rush, just turned on some Pandora and tinkered on it a few hours after work each night. Very happy with the results. Now for a re-tune.

99VERT

Established Member
Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 12.03.31 PM.png So here is how small the exit is from our 5.8L engines! Trust me there are other areas down inside the throat of these manifolds much smaller! The car sounds absolutely amazing! If your are considering this mod please don't hesitate. I was a line Technician for about 15 years and i will tell you that this job on jack stands is trying but doable..

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats, yes it's crazy seeing the stock manifolds next to LTs!
Hope you enjoy them, I felt it was a great mod.
Kooks mids and their mid-pipe?
I didn't see pics yet.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Long tubes definitely seem to make a huge difference on the 13/14s, when I put them on my 2013 it made a big jump in power.

99VERT

Established Member
Bimini, I went with Kooks 1-7/8 and 3" matching X-pipe. The sound is an unreal difference. Now to schedule a touch up tuning session with my tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread