This 2015 Mustang Madness Needs To Stop!!!

bossman302

Banned
HP wont matter, Just like the 03/04 Cobra, the IRS is going to be the weak Link. They won't stay together long. IMOP.

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
HP wont matter, Just like the 03/04 Cobra, the IRS is going to be the weak Link. They won't stay together long. IMOP.

Difference is that Ford designed this mustang specifically for irs from the ground up.

And... The learned a few things.

If the vette zr1 irs can handle 638 stock and then modified, I'm pretty sure an ambitious Ford with plans for forced induction will have built the irs accordingly. At least we can hope...

tt54l32v

Established Member
This is the first mustang I haven't liked in awhile. Technology is great, and I personally love that the IRS is back. Just wish they didn't beat it with an ugly stick before it was released.

How ironic you say that and all the while Im looking at the car in your sig, and it almost looks just like it. Just a little bigger and better overall.

ToxicBot

Established Member
This is the first mustang I haven't liked in awhile. Technology is great, and I personally love that the IRS is back. Just wish they didn't beat it with an ugly stick before it was released.
:lol:Considering some of the butt ugly crap:xpl: listed in your sig I find that statement somewhat amusing..

Deranged2013

Established Member
What do you think the hp limit will be on this revised 5.0? I was hearing 600rwhp on the 11-14 engines.

With the same pistons, I would say the same as 13-14. Unless Ford engineers revised the engine block and heads with better coolant passages. Guess we will have to wait and see.

GrayGhost Dog

Established Member
I came from an Infiniti G37 Coupe Sport to step into my '11 GT. What I gained was way more power... what I lost was the tech/electronics and IRS... soon, I'll be able to have my cake and eat it too! The interior is killer. The S550 definitely looks lower in stock form. The exterior has grown on me in such a short period of time.

I wouldn't consider myself brand-loyal, but there are only two brands that I have owned more than one car from... Infiniti(G35 Coupe and G37 Coupe) & Ford('91 GT vert. and '11 GT). A '15 5.0 looks to be in my future. I can't wait to hear the power numbers and what packages will be offered!

A Camaro was never an option for me. I could not get over the interior and I thought they were trying too hard with the exterior. Good car, though.

stangfreak

Established Member
Im not selling my terminator for the 2015 but I will try my best to add the new mustang to the stable. I will try

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Me either. Who gives a shit. Camaros look like garbage is why I wouldnt buy one. But if the next gen looked better and was lighter than a stang I would pick one up in a second. All the ford vs chevy people are old and have been brainwashed.

Brainwashed? bankrupt company received a handout to stay in bussiness. Maybe you need to look into how the "free market" works, or is supposed to.
And no Ford wouldn't have had supplier problems, they already had deals with toyota, honda, and subaru suppliers if GM sank and took a few with them.
Bottom line, GM got enough of my money. I've owned 6 GM products, always took good care of em, and they all shit on me. Meanwhile the 2 20+ year old fords I've owned haven't been anywhere near the problem. No wonder GM went tits up! JUNK PRODUCT! I'm basing my opinion on experience, not some age old BS fest.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I like the new 15.. but I love my Boss 302. I am excited to see what the 15s can do and what is coming for the next shelby or cobra or whatever they call it. I drove the new vette, I like it too.... there is always a bigger better car to buy. That doesn't mean you have to. In my younger days I spent a small fortune on new cars. There is something to be said for wanting what you have.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
If they are awesome I'll wait it out to 2016 or 2017 and get one . Let them work the bugs out first and let people blow them up first trying to tune them and see what they can handle. My car may be outdated now but my 700HP isn't it should hold me off until I see where this new model goes in the future. One thing for sure though is it should be able to handle more power with the boss internals...thanks Ford for screwing us 11-14 GT owners

Ford screwing over 11-14 GT owners? How about 01 Cobra owners when the 03 came out? Or the 10 GT owners when the 11 got the new 5.0. Or the GT500 with the iron block and then the next year it gets aluminum. Or the 12 GT500 owners when the 13 was released? You can't expect the next model not to be improved upon. You are not getting screwed so much as you just don't have the hot shit on the block anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread