Thinking of trying to buy my old 13 GT500 back

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Now that my GT500 is paid off and 13/14 Super Snakes are now going for 130+k for a basic one lol so thats a no go. So now I've been looking at buying a 2020 GT500 to add next to my 14.

Than today I was looking at old photos of my beloved blue 13 GT500 that I still to this day regret selling. I haven't talked to the current owner in a while, but i know he still has it and he doesn't drive it much, shs probably has around 18k on it now. I sold it to him for 60k back in November of 2016 for 60k.

Anyway, what do you guys think, keep looking for a used 2020 GT500 or maybe try and get my old 13 back. I'm really thinking of getting the 13 back....if he will consider a reasonable price.
20200522_112747.jpg

20160917_152052.jpg
20210115_220326.jpg

20210117_191734.jpg

The day she left :cry:
20161123_150053.jpg

The last picture I for of her
Screenshot_20230827_164010_Instagram.jpg

LS WUT

Established Member
That’s bad ass dude! I support the hustle! Any particular reason you want another 13/14 GT500? I know I’m s hypocrite for the question I have multiple cobras. Just curious is all?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s bad ass dude! I support the hustle! Any particular reason you want another 13/14 GT500? I know I’m s hypocrite for the question I have multiple cobras. Just curious is all?
I sold the car for the wrong reason back in 2016 and I've been kicking myself ever since and i guess i finally feel like i have a chance to get it back, but maybe I'd be better off getting a 2020 GT500. Idk I'm just board on a Sunday looking at cars. I'm probably not making an real decision till after the first of the year anyway.

LS WUT

Established Member
I sold the car for the wrong reason back in 2016 and I've been kicking myself ever since and i guess i finally feel like i have a chance to get it back, but maybe I'd be better off getting a 2020 GT500. Idk I'm just board on a Sunday looking at cars. I'm probably not making a real decision till after the first of the year anyway.
Trust me, the amount of money I’d pay to have my Redfire cobra back would be astronomical. I’d take that over a sonic blue anyday of the week. However she’s somewhere. So I get that man. I sold mine for the wrong reasons too. I hope you get it back too man, sentimental things always drive us.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I sold the car for the wrong reason back in 2016 and I've been kicking myself ever since and i guess i finally feel like i have a chance to get it back, but maybe I'd be better off getting a 2020 GT500. Idk I'm just board on a Sunday looking at cars. I'm probably not making an real decision till after the first of the year anyway.
LOL @ better off getting a 2020 GT500! :ROFLMAO:

You know my advice.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Trust me, the amount of money I’d pay to have my Redfire cobra back would be astronomical. I’d take that over a sonic blue anyday of the week. However she’s somewhere. So I get that man. I sold mine for the wrong reasons too. I hope you get it back too man, sentimental things always drive us.
I can relate 100%. I'll never sell the SS. I would never forgive myself. Its not so much because of what it is......its just the connection i have with it. BTW......I hope all is going well with your recovery brother!

Now that my GT500 is paid off and 13/14 Super Snakes are now going for 130+k for a basic one lol so thats a no go. So now I've been looking at buying a 2020 GT500 to add next to my 14.

Than today I was looking at old photos of my beloved blue 13 GT500 that I still to this day regret selling. I haven't talked to the current owner in a while, but i know he still has it and he doesn't drive it much, shs probably has around 18k on it now. I sold it to him for 60k back in November of 2016 for 60k.

Anyway, what do you guys think, keep looking for a used 2020 GT500 or maybe try and get my old 13 back. I'm really thinking of getting the 13 back....if he will consider a reasonable price. View attachment 1807240
View attachment 1807245View attachment 1807241

View attachment 1807242
The day she left :cry:
View attachment 1807243
The last picture I for of her
View attachment 1807244
2020-2022 Shelby GT500 would be a nice addition! BUT..........life is to damn short my friend to live with regrets. IMO.....if you feel that much regret for letting her go for the wrong reason........and if the opportunity is there to get her......my good lord.........get her back bro!!! That is one beautiful shelby......i can see why.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I hear yeah, I need to reach out to current owner and see if he'd entertain selling her back to me, but the 2020 may still be the best option
LOL @ better off getting a 2020 GT500! :ROFLMAO:

You know my advice.
Lol I know, I've also been looking at Gen3 Vipers, but they want a lot for a car that isn't much more impressive than a stock 2011 GT500.
I can relate 100%. I'll never sell the SS. I would never forgive myself. Its not so much because of what it is......its just the connection i have with it. BTW......I hope all is going well with your recovery brother!

2020-2022 Shelby GT500 would be a nice addition! BUT..........life is to damn short my friend to live with regrets. IMO.....if you feel that much regret for letting her go for the wrong reason........and if the opportunity is there my friend......my good lord.........get her back!!! That is one beautiful shelby......i can see why.
As we have talked numerous times, I wanted a 13/14 Super Snake, but the prices are just nuts and even if i sold mine for 60k i would easily need another 60+k to get one.

The more I think about it, I feel like it would be a dream come true to have my old 13 and current 14 sitting next to each in the garage. I'm going to reach out to the current owner this week and see what he says.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're fine with switching from a manual to the auto? I know just couldn't go with a 2020+ because of the lack of a manual. Other than that, you wanting to buy back your 2013 GT-500 is completely understandable, especially if you have been following the new owner and the car. Looking at the photos, she's a beauty assuming she has aged well. Keep us posted.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I was dumfounded when you sold the 13,...............any decision you make now, will seem sane !!
I know, I was at a low point in my career and was thinking about quitting so I thought selling it was the right move, needless to say, I was wrong.
Always loved the Superman car buddy!
That said I’d personally want to add a 5.2 GT500 than have two 5.8 cars but can’t go wrong either way.
-J
I still remember that one night I gave you a ride and we took that nitrous Vette to gapplebees lol,
good times.
I still want a 5.2 GT500, just need to see if I can find one for maybe low 70s. But if the current owner of my 13 can sell it back to me for a reasonable price than I'm getting her back.
You're fine with switching from a manual to the auto? I know just couldn't go with a 2020+ because of the lack of a manual. Other than that, you wanting to buy back your 2013 GT-500 is completely understandable, especially if you have been following the new owner and the car. Looking at the photos, she's a beauty assuming she has aged well. Keep us posted.
I'm keeping my current 14 GT500, so I'll always have a manual. If I get a 2020 GT500 my wife would be able to drive it so we could do more car shows together. But at the same time, I want my 13 back, it all comes down to money and what he'll sell her back to me for.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I know, I was at a low point in my career and was thinking about quitting so I thought selling it was the right move, needless to say, I was wrong.

I still remember that one night I gave you a ride and we took that nitrous Vette to gapplebees lol,
good times.
I still want a 5.2 GT500, just need to see if I can find one for maybe low 70s. But if the current owner of my 13 can sell it back to me for a reasonable price than I'm getting her back.

I'm keeping my current 14 GT500, so I'll always have a manual. If I get a 2020 GT500 my wife would be able to drive it so we could do more car shows together. But at the same time, I want my 13 back, it all comes down to money and what he'll sell her back to me for.
You've never forgotten that Kenne Bell supercharger whine.........she is calling you back to her...... Man! Get her back steve!!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
You've never forgotten that Kenne Bell supercharger whine.........she is calling you back to her...... Man! Get her back steve!!
The 3.6KB always sounds amazing, the original owner of my 14 GT500 still wants me to put a 4.2KB on it lol.

But hopefully I can make some kinda deal with the owner of my 13. It would be amazing to get her back.
I’d say buy it back, but I’m biased when it comes to sentimental things.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…
That's the new goal, worst case I might end up with a 2020 GT500 lol.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Glad you have that vid buddy. I almost said I know why you want it back as it’s a sweet ride that performs. I know we had fun that night!
There will always be a ‘20-22 GT500 out there but there’s only your Superman 500 so you can’t go wrong either way!
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
If your other priorities are satisfied, why not?

Another reason why I say that is I'm not sure which way this ICE pendulum is going to swing.
I finally bought a house I like and my GT500 is paid off and you only live once lol. I had a 04 cobra along with my 13 GT500 at the same time and that was fun owning two, expart the part where the cobra was a constant pain in my ass lol.
20161009_170057.jpg

Glad you have that vid buddy. I almost said I know why you want it back as it’s a sweet ride that performs. I know we had fun that night!
There will always be a ‘20-22 GT500 out there but there’s only your Superman 500 so you can’t go wrong either way!
-J
Definitely good memories, we'll see what happens. Hopefully we can negotiate a price l.

Users who are viewing this thread