Thinking of TF wheels, Polished or Chrome?

ATFPat

Established Member
Thinking of saving for Trueforged wheels and just have a quick question. I was looking into a set of Mach5's with black (or the dark gray to match) centers and either chrome or a polished lip.

- Is a chrome lip heavier but is easier to maintain? I just hate to get a polished lip and going nuts keeping up with it. Is there a sealant/wax that could be used on the polished portion to keep the shine?

- I would think having chrome would be easier to clean and maintain, toss a chrome cleaner/sealant (Mothers/Poor Boys etc) and go.

03slaminator

Established Member
Chrome is way easier to keep clean. But polished looks fantastic. The bad thing about chrome is when they start to peel or bubble or get any damage at all then your kinda screwed. The great thing about polished is they can always be fixed. They are kinda of a pain to keep up with but the right polish and sealant goes a long ways with maintaining them!! Whatever you decide to go with, I promise you won't be disappointed with True forged! I just bought a set of Mach 5's and I did satin black centers and gloss black lips/barrels and they look killer! I left the bolts chrome. They are great quality and Steve is a stand up dude that will go out of his way to make his customers happy!!! They were worth every penny I spent on them and I will be a true forged customer for life!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I vote for chrome... I have chrome wheels on my Shelby and the stockers on the Terminator. I use Windex and they look fantastic. Polished aluminum will be labor intensive and don't plan on getting them wet and still looking good.

Woody6799

Established Member
I vote chrome... honestly I can't tell the difference between a well polished wheel and a chrome wheel most of the time, but a poorly polished wheel I can see. Chrome the lip and enjoy the little maintenance it requires.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Like stated above, they both have pros and cons.

Cannot go wrong with TF wheels. I love my Mach 5's.

trmnator

Established Member
I have race star, weld and aftermarket anthracite clear coated wheels. Anthacite by far is easiest to maintain. The other are full polished. If you stay after them with a powerball and drill they are awesome. I MEAN STAY AFTER THEM!!!!!!!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the very rare acrylic clear coat on my polished mach 5's. They don't offer it anymore because it's not cost effective. I would probably vote polished though. I have a couple nicks on my wheels and I can't fix them. :(. I ordered a matching set for the rears in 16x9.5's to fit a bias ply tire on the rears. Only option was polished, but it should match pretty good.

Black wheels is over played imo. Some colors and pull it off, others I completely hate.

Users who are viewing this thread