Thinking of getting into another cobra

arbs

Established Member
Hey guys so like the title says, I'm trying to get into another cobra. I sold my 04 redfire a couple years ago due to a lay off but now I want to get back into one. I'm located in California and I'd really like to find a California car. I'm looking at one right now but the mileage is a bit high and it's not the color I want exactly but it'll work. It's a one owner car and I've checked oasis and seems like everything that was done under warranty was very minor things. I'll check the carfax when I get to work next week. What do you guys think about this car and it's condition? And considering its mileage and condition, what would be a fair price on something like this?

I know for sure I'm going to remove the louvers, but from the pictures alone, seems like a solid car. The owner also said the diff was starting to leak. If I do go out and see the car I'm planning on doing a power balance and relative compression with an ids.

Thanks guys for your input.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/2004-cobra-mustang/6243222865.html

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Probably not what you're looking for, but I know of a guy selling a 2003 black convertible with 14K miles on it. Pretty much factory stock. He's asking $28K.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I hope he doesn't drive around with that front plate smacking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arbs

Established Member
Probably not what you're looking for, but I know of a guy selling a 2003 black convertible with 14K miles on it. Pretty much factory stock. He's asking $28K.

No thank you though. I'm more interested in a coupe. I think know if they guy you're talking about though. I've seen it on CL for a while.

arbs

Established Member
So what do you guys think of higher mileage cobras? Is it something worth looking into? Right now my budget is $22k, so I was thinking if I can get this one on the cheap I'd have money for mods. :D

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
So what do you guys think of higher mileage cobras? Is it something worth looking into? Right now my budget is $22k, so I was thinking if I can get this one on the cheap I'd have money for mods. :D

As long as it passes a compression test. I'd think you'd be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread