Thinking about moving to FL

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I’m in Parrish.

Agree with the rest on the summers. Stepping outside feels like stopping your clothes dryer halfway through and climbing in. It’s brutal.
Nice, i am right across from the Erie and Publix on 301. Not sure how this new shopping center is going to affect the area yet.

_Snake_

Established Member
Nice, i am right across from the Erie and Publix on 301. Not sure how this new shopping center is going to affect the area yet.

Hey neighbor! I’m 1/4 mile from the north Publix.

It should definitely be interesting, and I haven’t heard what’s supposed to go in there now that WalMart wasn’t able to. We moved here from Riverview in 2011 and are still amazed at the growth.

rdvenom99

Established Member

It should definitely be interesting, and I haven’t heard what’s supposed to go in there now that WalMart wasn’t able to. We moved here from Riverview in 2011 and are still amazed at the growth.

Small world I'm also in Parrish. My wife and I moved here from Illinois almost 2 years ago now and no regrets at all. Beautiful area 30 mins from the best beaches in the US. If anyone's looking to move to the Sarasota/Bradenton/Parrish area let me know my wife is a Realtor down here and would be happy to assist.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

I understand it will be like the ellenton outlets. Not sure how that would work.

fangstang

Established Member
No offense to any Floridians, but I wouldnt move to Florida for all the money in the world.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I always hear good things about the Tampa area but all I can really comment on is here in NE Florida. I've spent the last few years traveling to different parts of the country and I guess I can't really complain other than the fact I feel the nightlife here sucks. Traffic isn't really bad unless you're like me and don't like waiting at all. There's a lot of growth in the St. Johns area (between Jax and St. Aug) and the area is really nice. I would say St. Johns and Clay county have some of the best schools

96 cobra

Established Member
I've traveled to the St. John's area (elkton/palaka etc) for years, fairly nice area, the typical 'FL crazy' hasn't sunken in yet ;) 45min south is the Ocala national forest, 673 square miles of fun.

Please note the Florida Man Twitter account/news stories when making your decision:
Florida Man (@_FloridaMan) | Twitter

Never_Enough

Established Member
Coral Springs. One of my best friends lives there. If I can ever find a good job down there, I'm moving. Not sure what you do, but the pay in FL is less than here...

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
The amount of people moving to Florida exceeds the quantity of humans on the planet. Personally I'd move to Destin/Pensacola area. Better water/sand/less busy.

Coastal Carolina has experienced a massive influx of people moving here in the last 10 years too. And I used to think one bad storm would prove to many that "too many people" is such a thing and the influx would slow. But after Irma and all of the crazy storms in the last 5 years, people are still showing up.

OP, make sure you buy a piece of vacant property that the locals know floods really badly, and build an expensive home on it. It's the northernly thing to do when moving down.

Real world advice.. if a house doesn't exist on that piece of property, it's because the wind and/or water carried away the last one. Don't build there.

-love a local coastal southern man

7upstang

Established Member
Punta Gorda is still small, but will be the next area to boom over the next 10 years. I do like Punta Gorda as well. Sarasota, Fort Myers and Naples are going crazy with building.

Our area is nice, I love living here. It's a small/big town feel. I would suggest trying to spend a week between Fort Myers to Sarasota area, see what you like.

jaxbusa

Established Member
No offense to any Floridians, but I wouldnt move to Florida for all the money in the world.

It used to be nice. Rude people have invaded my area and I ended up moving away. People keep moving here and we don’t have room.

I heard that Saint Johns county charges an impact fee to people moving there.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I have family that live in Mexico Beach, FL and it's a decent place IMO. White beaches and clear water for the most part and not a lot of tourist seem to go there from what I've seen.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I wouldn’t go to far south like Miami. Place will be under water in 50 years lol

Coiled03

Established Member
I don't understand why anyone would move to FL. If it's just the warmth you're after, why not go to the southwest? Are there people that actually enjoy humidity?

Users who are viewing this thread