Thinking About Getting A Custome License Plate

SteveWK

Established Member
I can't take credit for this, I saw DVDT on a Corvette's plate back in the '90s and wondered what it meant, but then it dawned on me. Who can tell me what it means? It is probably in the google universe somewhere. So, no fair googling. I will give you a clue, it is very nerdy. I thought it was very clever.

Willie

Established Member
A friend of mine had it on his personalized, DV DT. In his case, it's calculus: The derivative of velocity with respect to time. That equals Acceleration!

And for others who does not possess technical minds, it could stand for Divorced and Dating...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Other than what Willie said, I have no clue what DVDT and the GT-500 have in common. So I guess I'll jump on Willie's train on this one. ;)

SteveWK

Established Member
A friend of mine had it on his personalized, DV DT. In his case, it's calculus: The derivative of velocity with respect to time. That equals Acceleration!

And for others who does not possess technical minds, it could stand for Divorced and Dating...

That is correct. Hmmm thought it would take longer for someone to figure out. :)

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
upload_2021-5-6_8-58-27.gif

Willie

Established Member
Some of us actually liked math in college, and a smaller subgroup actually made it our majors (like me).... I was one of only five in my graduating class to get a degree in Engineering Math.

Funny story my friend told me but it needs an explanation first. Technically, the numerator is dv and denominator is dt:

dv dt.jpg

Knowing this, my friend stuck a slash on his plate between the letters. Low and behold, one day he got pulled over and warned to "correct" this. He pulled it off and never put it back on, lol...

Willie

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Some of us actually liked math in college, and a smaller subgroup actually made it our majors (like me).... I was one of only five in my graduating class to get a degree in Engineering Math.

Funny story my friend told me but it needs an explanation first. Technically, the numerator is dv and denominator is dt:

View attachment 1702402

Knowing this, my friend stuck a slash on his plate between the letters. Low and behold, one day he got pulled over and warned to "correct" this. He pulled it off and never put it back on, lol...

Willie
You're not the only one that "liked" math

I had dreams about this ****er

equation_610.png

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

Users who are viewing this thread