Thinking about getting a APten ported blower.. Pros/cons???

99RedSVT

Established Member
Im thinking about getting a Apten ported blower for my 99 lightning and was wondering if its worth the money and if anyone has had one and liked it disliked it stuff liek that. The one great thing about them is they look stock so u could maybe get away with warranty work at the dealership if need be. Thanks guys

Originally posted by IllestSVT
Where can you get this done and what does it do?

Apten, LFP, Outrageous, and REM all do Lightning blowers.

PSP should "stock" the Apten units.

They basically cut a new hole in the case, clean everything up which flows more air thus making more power. There is a lot of other stuff they do that results in the power gain like lowering air temps, but it basically adds a little boost without pullying.

To be honest, I really don't think there is any track gain with it. Not that I have seen anyway. The handfull of threads out there don't describe conditions and most were comparing a this year run to a last year run.:shrug:

Well most people don't actually gain that to the wheels. That is SAE corrected or STD for that matter. At that that's usually just peak power so it really wouldn't gain much. I will say the locals who used it over here didn't gain any track time.

ShaneN.

Established Member
Originally posted by sid297
As long as you don't go crazy, like running 15-16lbs from a KB on a stock block.:p

rods have been going with less boost then that from the stocker heaton. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread