Thinking about a boost a pump

99VERT

Established Member
So, after my last Dyno session I put down 705 to the rear wheels on his first pull. The tuner said I was getting close to running out of injector and we stopped right there. I’m running stock fuel system stock injectors on 93 octane. Should I look at doing a booster pump? The only extra additions I’m thinking of would be a BPS elbow & larger mono blade. Need some guidance.

99VERT

Established Member
69DF04A6-A691-4AA3-8A64-463B1E820C13.jpeg

MastaAce03

Established Member
Great numbers. Definitely get a BAP. What was your fuel pump duty cycle at on the run?

Also, that’s a lot of boost on 93. Something to think about. If you don’t have long tubes, might be a good choice to bring that boost down a bit and put down some more power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99VERT

Established Member
Not a 100 percent sure but I believe it was in the low 90% on the duty cycle. I have long tubes on there & the Dyno graph is a little deceiving. The boost dropped by a pound and a half with the longtubes and I usually see about 16.5 throughout the run. It spiked to 18 1/2 right at shut down.

MastaAce03

Established Member
Not a 100 percent sure but I believe it was in the low 90% on the duty cycle. I have long tubes on there & the Dyno graph is a little deceiving. The boost dropped by a pound and a half with the longtubes and I usually see about 16.5 throughout the run. It spiked to 18 1/2 right at shut down.

Copy that. If that’s the case, sounds like you need bigger injectors and a BAP if you’re wanting to go up from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I'd consider long term goals for the car. If you plan to run e85 @ anytime in the near future make sure you choose your injectors with that in mind. I'm currently @ 750rwhp, I added the KB plug & play BAP for now and held off on injectors because I plan on building the motor, adding cams and a return style fuel system down the road. My current set up is Gen II TVS, 2.5 upper, JLT 127, FRPP Mono TB, ARH 1 7/8 headers w/ high flow catted H, stock injectors, KB competion BAP and a Lund remote tune.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Same boat as you. Im looking at the JMS BAP and would also like to add Long tubes.

Im at the power level I want, just want to ensure Im safe on fuel.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
My '13 pulled 716rw @ 16.5psi boost with headers thru 410's running the KB Mono blade + O-Sized plenum. Running stock '13 injectors. 93 octane. Using Lund tune and Lund viewed the WOT redline data logs advising no need for BAP. I forget where he said I was on % pump output. The dyno shop where I did the test pulls did not feel the need for BAP. If I did any more upgrades I'd just buy the BAP without question.

Users who are viewing this thread