These noises are making me crazy

d-nice

Established Member
Short story. I'm beginning to really get to the point of disliking my car. Today after work I started my car, drove about 3 minutes and parked the car to go into a store. Spent 20 minutes inside, came out started the car, idled for about 30-45 seconds, wife was cold so I turned the heat on and bam, sounded and felt like someone had just drop kicked the firewall. Anyone have any ideas or is this one of those odd creaks and cracks these cars make. :??:

mrose75

Established Member
I don't know but I feel your pain. That would drive me nuts as well. I hope you get that figured out. Does it only happen when you turn on the heat or is it just randomly when you're driving?

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
It was probably just the blend door slamming open when you switched on the heater. I'm pretty sure it's vacuum operated. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

divided

Established Member
Mine made that noise to. Although it certainly wasn't as bad as someone drop kicking the firewall, lol.

d-nice

Established Member
It doesn't happen all the time. But it has happened a few. Maybe not as hard as dropkick but hard enough to make me think that something not good has happened. Sometimes I hear a thump when my cars idle kicks down a bit. I was thinking that it had to do with the engines mounts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread