These cars are HOT

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Car and Driver ran a 12.5 in a non R. I'd say typical drivers will see between that and 13.0. And funny people love to say oh its not built for drag racing. But I remember this forum bashing the hell out of the C7Z early on for its drag racing and highway pulls. I think most will say it's not built for drag racing. But really what car is. None are really built for drag racing unless we're talking Cobra Jet type vehicles. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are the car enthusiast standard for gauging acceleration. Those are the activities most of us can engage in if we desire. None of us can deny that. And to me a 12.5 doesn't warrant markup pricing. This thread is fun. I really do like the GT350 but think some people are creaming themselves way too much over it.

I was one who you might say was bashing in the z 1320 time. You might say I still am. It's running the same time the zr1 did. Having said that the zr1 and 10.8/10.9 is ridiculously fast but it's not any better than the zr1.

BlownAway03

Established Member
I was one who you might say was bashing in the z 1320 time. You might say I still am. It's running the same time the zr1 did. Having said that the zr1 and 10.8/10.9 is ridiculously fast but it's not any better than the zr1.

ZR1's never ran this fast stock
A8 Z06:
[video=youtube_share;H34FHs9Pddw]http://youtu.be/H34FHs9Pddw[/video]

M7 Z06:
[video=youtube_share;_m9kZe1EOjw]http://youtu.be/_m9kZe1EOjw[/video]

I don't know if you're a C7 hater, a GM hater or what, but the performance this car produces is only rivaled by several cars. And this car is so much better than the ZR1 ever was in style and technology. Not to mention the base price is about $40k lower. I'm no fanboy or anything but you seem bent on talking nonsense about this car when it has clearly proven itself. It also ran Motortrend's figure 8 faster than anything except a Porsche 918, and it was only a split second slower. That's performance that we have seen documented. All I here about 350's is folklore. Don't be a fan boy. You can like something without throwing undeserved dirt on something else.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Sure they have. The c7 has a tire advantage as seen by the lack of improvement with dr. The zr1 and z7 on dr run the same numbers.

Edit: top times stock on drag radials. Looks the same to me.
Z06: 10.38 @ 132
ZR1: 10.33 @ 133

Last edited:

BlownAway03

Established Member
Sure they have. The c7 has a tire advantage as seen by the lack of improvement with dr. The zr1 and z7 on dr run the same numbers.

C7Z is also faster on road courses. It has much better interior and features. And I'll mention again, the base price is $79k. Give GM their props. At least they spent our tax money on building an amazing machine.

blk02edge

Established Member
C7Z is also faster on road courses. It has much better interior and features. And I'll mention again, the base price is $79k. Give GM their props. At least they spent our tax money on building an amazing machine.

I don't think I could give them props. Yes it's a great car.. If you are lucky, the amount of issues people seem to be having with QC is hilarious. Even Chevy fans are ragging on them.

BlownAway03

Established Member
I don't think I could give them props. Yes it's a great car.. If you are lucky, the amount of issues people seem to be having with QC is hilarious. Even Chevy fans are ragging on them.

After owning a Vette and being a member of various Vette forums I can say that many complaints are exaggerated. The heat soak may be an actual issue but most big power supercharged cars commonly have that issue on track. As a whole most C7Z owners praise the car as the best they've owned. And many of those guys have owned various respected exotics. Many people complained about blown LS7's in the C6Z. My car had more miles than many when I sold it and the engine was still in one piece. Some folks also nit picked the 2014 Vette on paint and other issues. Mine was fine and trouble free. Don't believe everything you hear. Sure the car has some growing pains. But what 1st year car doesn't? Ford's QC is what seems hilarious right now. I posted a thread with a tech pack 350 with mixed top and bottom rear seats. There have also been others reported as showing up with the wrong equipment. What's funnier is the car missed the release date, and they dropped some late 2015's and have people clamoring over them because they're allegedly collector's items. What makes a 2015 any more collectible than a 2016? Come on Ford.

bpmurr

Established Member
When was the last time ford released 1/4 mile data on a car? I dont ever recall seeing it in recent releases

They did at the GT500 media event. 11.7 was quoted from the SVT team as the official time. I'll dig up one of the old videos when I get time.

bpmurr

Established Member
Car and Driver ran a 12.5 in a non R. I'd say typical drivers will see between that and 13.0. And funny people love to say oh its not built for drag racing. But I remember this forum bashing the hell out of the C7Z early on for its drag racing and highway pulls. I think most will say it's not built for drag racing. But really what car is. None are really built for drag racing unless we're talking Cobra Jet type vehicles. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are the car enthusiast standard for gauging acceleration. Those are the activities most of us can engage in if we desire. None of us can deny that. And to me a 12.5 doesn't warrant markup pricing. This thread is fun. I really do like the GT350 but think some people are creaming themselves way too much over it.

The problem is people are translating the GT350R performance to the GT350. There is a decent gap between the two. Z51 Corvette performance is not ADM worthy when it pushes the car over the price of the Z51.

rwboring

Established Member

C7Z is an awesome car however I'm surprised that not all of the ZR1 owners didn't commit suicide after paying 40K for worse performing car with the same motor... or that they didn't write off GM as a whole...

I mean if ford came out with a new GT500 and put the 5.8 in it and sold it for 25k less, I'd be livid... and probably go by a vette haha

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
C7Z is an awesome car however I'm surprised that not all of the ZR1 owners didn't commit suicide after paying 40K for worse performing car with the same motor... or that they didn't write off GM as a whole...

I mean if ford came out with a new GT500 and put the 5.8 in it and sold it for 25k less, I'd be livid... and probably go by a vette haha

The LT4 is much different than the LS9.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
So I just left my local dealership a little bit ago. Sorry for it being blurry. The price is the main thing to see. This is just with the Tech Package.

IMG_20151211_140731.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I don't know if it's because I'm only interested in the R, but I wasn't the least bit "wowed" by it. Didn't get to drive it, of course. The shifter feels great. The steering wheel is a bit spongy. And I don't know what Ford did with the stripes now, but the ones on that car were swirled up pretty badly. One thing I never worried about with my stripes is them getting swirly. Weird. My bud at the dealership who I was talking to said the car was absolutely filthy when they got it. The detail person probably just took a dry rag to the car.

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
Certainly is and your over all negativity about the whole ADM situation in general will likely skew your opinion sub consciously.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
After owning a Vette and being a member of various Vette forums I can say that many complaints are exaggerated. The heat soak may be an actual issue but most big power supercharged cars commonly have that issue on track. As a whole most C7Z owners praise the car as the best they've owned. And many of those guys have owned various respected exotics. Many people complained about blown LS7's in the C6Z. My car had more miles than many when I sold it and the engine was still in one piece. Some folks also nit picked the 2014 Vette on paint and other issues. Mine was fine and trouble free. Don't believe everything you hear. Sure the car has some growing pains. But what 1st year car doesn't? Ford's QC is what seems hilarious right now. I posted a thread with a tech pack 350 with mixed top and bottom rear seats. There have also been others reported as showing up with the wrong equipment. What's funnier is the car missed the release date, and they dropped some late 2015's and have people clamoring over them because they're allegedly collector's items. What makes a 2015 any more collectible than a 2016? Come on Ford.

You are going to wear yourself out trying to talk some sense into the fanbois. They just lack the cognitive processes required to be a true car guy. To them, brand loyalty is the only way to go.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Certainly is and your over all negativity about the whole ADM situation in general will likely skew your opinion sub consciously.

Not likely. I can separate emotion from logic. Even the guy at the dealership said that ADM was outrageous. $25K on a "run of the mill" GT350! He said some nimrod bought an R from one of their dealerships in Raleigh for $50K over MSRP and didn't even bat an eye! :nonono: Anyway, he and I both agreed that the car on their floor would be a good deal at it's $58K MSRP. At $83K, I'd rather look elsewhere at some tangibles. I can't pay $83K for a Mustang just for the feels.

krt22

Established Member
You are going to wesr yourself out trying to talk some sense into the fanbois. The just lack the cognitive processes required to be a true car guy. To them, brand loyalty is the only way to go.

lol ironic you post that in a reply full of brand loyalty. For every vette that is perfect, there is a dud, but the vette fanbois seems to brush those facts under the rug. The latest car and driver long term review of the car was horific, so its not like vettes are immune from QC issues. Its a great performing car, but in no ways is it perfect and for some the driving dynamic just is not appealing.

Not likely. I can separate emotion from logic. Even the guy at the dealership said that ADM was outrageous. $25K on a "run of the mill" GT350! He said some nimrod bought an R from one of their dealerships in Raleigh for $50K over MSRP and didn't even bat an eye! :nonono: Anyway, he and I both agreed that the car on their floor would be a good deal at it's $58K MSRP. At $83K, I'd rather look elsewhere at some tangibles. I can't pay $83K for a Mustang just for the feels.
That is exactly my point, knowing and seeing the huge markup automatically will turn you away and make it seem underwhelming. If it was marked at sticker and you got to start it up and test drive it like any other car, your opinion would likely change

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

That is exactly my point, knowing and seeing the huge markup automatically will turn you away and make it seem underwhelming. If it was marked at sticker and you got to start it up and test drive it like any other car, your opinion would likely change

It's not the price that made it seem underwhelming. It's the fact that the R exists. That is what skews my opinion of it. It would be a good deal at its $58K MSRP, but I still wouldn't buy it. I'd always have that voice in the back of my head saying, "...but it's not an R." At sticker, I don't think there's another car on the planet with better bang for the buck.

Users who are viewing this thread