These cars are HOT

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd first like to start off by saying, I haven't retailed a GT350 for over MSRP. I had 5 allocations, 4 were retail orders and one I ordered for myself.

I understand why consumers feel an ADM is unfair, greedy, etc. I get that. But if someone is willing to pay it, why wouldn't you ask for it?

Anyways, this all started because a locator company contacted me about selling a GT35O. They wanted $15k over MSRP. I told her she was nuts and I wasn't interested in the least. She told me they were bringing that kind of money between dealers. So I called her bluff and told her that I had a Comp Orange one that she could sell for $15k, and I would take $13k over MSRP for.

24 hours later, my car is sold. Sellers and buyers agreement are done. Contract signed. Checked mailed. Car gets picked up next week.

Dealer was buying it for stock, not even a sold unit. Blows my mind.

d74928d35c72af862dd945e7202eb75b.jpg

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder if it will be like the '14 Z28 sitting on a local dealers lot, he still wants $77k for it. I hope it settles down before I order one.

Zemedici

Established Member
As I said earlier, I'd have sold it many times over. Money's money. And 13k without even having to 'sell' the car is awesome.

kpinco

Established Member
Colorado dealers always charges crazy ADMs on cars like this. One sold theirs for $25K over MSRP and another is advertising for $35K over MSRP. CRAZY! But people will pay it. I should have mine "soon" Ford is trying to escalate the "Quality Review" process and ship it. I bought it through a local Colorado dealership for a little over MSRP (more for convenance and not having to go out State).

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Trafficking in GT350's. As good as being a realtor in Beverly Hills.
I'll tell you what..I wish I hadn't of sold the other ones to customers haha I could've quadrupled my profit by selling to other dealers .
All I know is there's gonna be a lot of buyers remorse down the line. It worked out for you though.
It's a dealership, he's going to resell it. Only way he'd have buyers remorse is if it sits on his lot and doesn't sell.
That's crazy, congrats on the easy money.
Thanks.
Colorado dealers always charges crazy ADMs on cars like this. One sold theirs for $25K over MSRP and another is advertising for $35K over MSRP. CRAZY! But people will pay it. I should have mine "soon" Ford is trying to escalate the "Quality Review" process and ship it. I bought it through a local Colorado dealership for a little over MSRP (more for convenance and not having to go out State).
Which two dealers sold for $20k over and are advertising for $35k over?
As I said earlier, I'd have sold it many times over. Money's money. And 13k without even having to 'sell' the car is awesome.
Hell yeah me too.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Business man easy profit I would have done the same thing congrats. Wonder how crazy markups will be on the RS? I'm sure no were near this but still.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I'll tell you what..I wish I hadn't of sold the other ones to customers haha I could've quadrupled my profit by selling to other dealers .

RS - get as many as you can and don't sell them to anyone ahead of time. I really think they are going to be just as hot. Maybe won't be going for 15-20k over, but I bet 10k will be happening.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Business man easy profit I would have done the same thing congrats. Wonder how crazy markups will be on the RS? I'm sure no were near this but still.

RS - get as many as you can and don't sell them to anyone ahead of time. I really think they are going to be just as hot. Maybe won't be going for 15-20k over, but I bet 10k will be happening.
I'd be hesitant to have a $42k Focus.
That is nuts. Good for you OP.
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread