Thermostat ??

svtleen

Established Member
Yesterday, I decided to look at my 160 degree stat so I removed the 2 bolts holding down the housing and when I looked at it, it was fully open and I don't see any copper valve that open/shuts the stat. To me it look like it was just a frame or a dummy stat and radiator water would just run all the time. Is this bad for the engine?:shrug:

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
i took the thermostat completly out of my 90 stang. It would constantly stick shut and temps would go threw the roof!

i dont know if its ok on a terminator thou, my 90 was perfectly fine.

Pock

It’s an addiction
Established Member
I had the above mentioned issues with mine so I got a new one that worked. This weekend I just switched to one of Joel's.. I think you can get them from Lethal now. TO answer your question no it won't hurt it. But it's better to run one to get to op temp quicker.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I use STANT #14138
(cost: $6)

180* works for me and warms up quickly

It completely blocks the bypass when open

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Reische is a modified 14138...

I'm comfortable with 180* as opposed to 170*, especially since I often drive in cool weather.

For those who desire to lower their operating temps further, Joel's unit is the one to go with! :beer:

Last edited:

04cobra13

Established Member
Reische is a modified 14138...

I'm comfortable with 180* as opposed to 170*, especially since I often drive in cool weather.

For those who desire to lower their operating temps further, Joel's unit is the one to go with! :beer:

x1000000

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup my t-stat or a Stant 14138 (and NAPA 109 clone) are really the only ones that fit properly other than the overpriced OEM unit (which is made by Stant) :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread