Thermostat Question!

Vegas Lightning

Vegas Lightning
Established Member
Whats up guys...Glad to finally meet ya BLK54. Was it me or was everyone's times sucking butt tonight? o'h well, If you guys know anyone better than silver state motorsports let me know. I like the guys but I will go to the best tuner if possible. ya know. Sorry, went to the bar after the track...LoL

RatedR

SVT Poster
Established Member
Vegas Lightning said:
Whats up guys...Glad to finally meet ya BLK54. Was it me or was everyone's times sucking butt tonight? o'h well, If you guys know anyone better than silver state motorsports let me know. I like the guys but I will go to the best tuner if possible. ya know. Sorry, went to the bar after the track...LoL
talked to the L owner with the solid Red 02 L @ the track last night he helped silverstate get started......gave me some more info about the shop (which we all can discuss later PM me) and then mentioned Dyno Dan as the man to get it done right!

FordFanStan

Established Member
Vegas boys taking over damn lol....

Back to the topic, I have heard that all the t-stat are under rated. If you test them they actually work, (activate? whats the word Im looking for lol), at 8 degrees higher than the rated temperature. Meaning a 170* t-stat opens at 178*. I have yet to test one, anyone else know about this?

FordFanStan

Established Member
Also if this si true there wouldnt really be any issues with running a 160 like some others do, even though some of the big names disagree with it. Especially it might work better for us desert guys?? Stan

BLK54

Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
Vegas Lightning said:

yea all times were sucking!! and so were the people in control of the tree.

BLK54

Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
RatedR said:
talked to the L owner with the solid Red 02 L @ the track last night he helped silverstate get started......gave me some more info about the shop (which we all can discuss later PM me) and then mentioned Dyno Dan as the man to get it done right!

Yea i hear everyone talking about dyno dan. need to find out more!!

BLK54

Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
RatedR said:
I'll be @ the in and out burger joint on saturday night located on rancho and cheyenne about 6pm tomorrow chopping it up with some more gearheads swing by if your not busy

I swear i looked and looked, cannot seem to find the place !! In and Out doesnt even say there is one there. maybe next time.

I'D WIN

Established Member
RatedR said:

And how long have I been screamin' this!

Users who are viewing this thread