Thermostat Question!

Vegas Lightning

Vegas Lightning
Established Member
Can I run a diablo chip, 4lb. lower, boost bypass, and tr6's without the 170 degree thermostat for a few days? I purchased these items around the same time and i've got the other items but the thermostat will not be here till the middle of next week and i'm anxious to put the other parts on but I don't want to mess anything up though. Any help will be appriciated. Thanks.

BLK54

Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
Vegas Lightning said:
Can I run a diablo chip, 4lb. lower, boost bypass, and tr6's without the 170 degree thermostat for a few days? I purchased these items around the same time and i've got the other items but the thermostat will not be here till the middle of next week and i'm anxious to put the other parts on but I don't want to mess anything up though. Any help will be appriciated. Thanks.
Sweet should be niceIt took my thermostat 2 weeks to get here i am sure u might be able to pick one up local but not sure. , I have all of those sitting on my desk waiting for my 6lb to arrive in the the morning.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
How much did you pay for your Thermostat? I've bean thinking about getting one too some time in the future. But not if it's gonna cost much. Will it improve whp? Mpg? What's the bennafit on a intercooled supercharged vehical? I'm not going to be putting electric fans on anytime soon, too expensive. but every littel bit of whp helps. :)

I'D WIN

Established Member
You can pick up the lower t-stat from any NAPA auto parts for about $4-6.

Hit me up guys if you need any assistance installing parts or just need help with maint./questions.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Its much more of a maint./Insur. thing than a performance mod Vegas/Half. From what I understand the stock cooling system is quite robust. I wouldnt worry too much, and I wouldnt expect any gains either...

I'D WIN

Established Member
Living in the desert and any hot climate for that matter...its just one extra thing you can do to slow and/or deter the possibility of detonation. Once a hot spot ALWAYS a hot spot! You do the math...

RatedR

SVT Poster
Established Member
I'D WIN said:
Living in the desert and any hot climate for that matter...its just one extra thing you can do to slow and/or deter the possibility of detonation. Once a hot spot ALWAYS a hot spot! You do the math...
I'D WIN is right however I'm running almost the same mods as you (Vegas Lightning) and i don't have the 170 thermostat, no overheat problems, no detonation....Get it dyno tuned after you install your mods.

BLK54

Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
RatedR said:
I'D WIN is right however I'm running almost the same mods as you (Vegas Lightning) and i don't have the 170 thermostat, no overheat problems, no detonation....Get it dyno tuned after you install your mods.
Hey, what numbers did you make being tuned by silver state?

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
I feel the pain the Vegas guys do. 112 here yesterday, I don't think we've even really started the 'hot part' of summer yet. I'm running a 160, slammed it in while doing the lower pully, My temps on the dyno never got above 172. I'm in Vegas a lot but never with the L. Might have to make a trip if there is something going on and the gas price is below say.... $2.25 a gallon?

BLK54

Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
RatedR said:

Wow, i went with my friend when he got tuned by them and it seemed they were really shady, and he has a 4lb lower 2 lb upper and only made 400/490 i believe.because i have heard good things about the shop when the owner was running it, now his kid is and something isnt right.

RatedR

SVT Poster
Established Member
BLK54 said:
Wow, i went with my friend when he got tuned by them and it seemed they were really shady, and he has a 4lb lower 2 lb upper and only made 400/490 i believe.because i have heard good things about the shop when the owner was running it, now his kid is and something isnt right.
Yeah i'v heard the same thing about this shop (after my tune) and another shop in town....I don't know what to tell you I haven't had any problems????....another friend of mine is going to LDL (out at the race track) tonight to get a baseline dyno feel free to drop by and we can chop it up about other shops in town, from what I hear Dyno dan is the man in Vegas....

BLK54

Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
RatedR said:
Yeah i'v heard the same thing about this shop (after my tune) and another shop in town....I don't know what to tell you I haven't had any problems????....another friend of mine is going to LDL (out at the race track) tonight to get a baseline dyno feel free to drop by and we can chop it up about other shops in town, from what I hear Dyno dan is the man in Vegas....

Damn too bad i did not get this earlier, i went out there to play pit crew for my friend. Oh well maybe next time.

RatedR

SVT Poster
Established Member
I'll be @ the in and out burger joint on saturday night located on rancho and cheyenne about 6pm tomorrow chopping it up with some more gearheads swing by if your not busy

Users who are viewing this thread