There's a storm a brewin, a Huricane to be exact!!!

fordification

Established Member
so most likely we'll see something by end of next year.

can't wait!

what does fourcam think of this? and was there any details on the engine from last round?

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
That's good news .... just check out the list of cars where those respective engines go. Just trucks... Come on Ford you must think more nimble than that!

stangfreak

Established Member
6.2 liter hell yea!! id slap that bitch in a notchback or try to make it fit in my 03 cobra bahahaha

Fourcam330

Established Member
fordification said:
so most likely we'll see something by end of next year.

can't wait!

what does fourcam think of this? and was there any details on the engine from last round?

6.2-8.0L V8s intially meant for use in trucks/vans/large SUVs. Should be interesting.

Unoid

Established Member
hmm a 6.2L DOHC 32V would be a nice engine at 500hpish.
Ford should just tweak their Modular truck V-10

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
Unoid said:

The dream lives. After Ford gets over their retro-craze with the GT500, they can give us a modern styled Cobra with a 6.2L DOHC and a twin-screw blower.

chuckstang

Established Member
OKC03Cobra said:
The dream lives. After Ford gets over their retro-craze with the GT500, they can give us a modern styled Cobra with a 6.2L DOHC and a twin-screw blower.

LOL and I bet you think that would somehow weigh less then the gt500 now haha

Svt Pilot

Established Member
OKC03Cobra said:

This will be after the Ford GT comes back out for under $40k...

Formula51

Established Member
Merkle said Fords Cleveland casting plant has received orders for a new 6.2-liter engine block, with work to begin next year.

Does anyone know if this new line of engines will use iron or aluminum blocks? I really hope Ford goes aluminum as that would be a great starting point for an engine which will hopefully find its way into a Mustang or another future Ford mid-size sports car.

Would the development of this engine mean a new possibility of a Lightning?

Fourcam330

Established Member
Formula51 said:
Does anyone know if this new line of engines will use iron or aluminum blocks? I really hope Ford goes aluminum as that would be a great starting point for an engine which will hopefully find its way into a Mustang or another future Ford mid-size sports car.

Would the development of this engine mean a new possibility of a Lightning?

The new Ls downfall wasn't the powerplant, it was the transmission. They didn't have an auto that could handle the TQ.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Unoid said:

Can you imagine the possiblities with a 4v 8.0L 4"+ bore V8? :burnout:
The V10 was never meant to be a performance engine. Because it's a 90 degree design, you'd need a custom split pin crank, and there are no 4v heads (save the 3 sets of Cobra R clone V10 heads, as seen on the Boss 351 V10). 5.4l 4V> 6.8l 3V

Formula51

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
The new Ls downfall wasn't the powerplant, it was the transmission. They didn't have an auto that could handle the TQ.

Ahh, yes, I remember that now. But wasn't the Hurricane engine supposed to be the powerplant of the new L? Do we have any news regarding the transmission that Ford must be developing to live behind this engine?

Fourcam330

Established Member
Formula51 said:
Ahh, yes, I remember that now. But wasn't the Hurricane engine supposed to be the powerplant of the new L? Do we have any news regarding the transmission that Ford must be developing to live behind this engine?

I always thought it was supposed to be a blown 5.4 3v (most likely) or 4v...No idea on the trans, though I know it won't be the new 6A found in Navi's.

stang22

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Can you imagine the possiblities with a 4v 8.0L 4"+ bore V8? :burnout:
The V10 was never meant to be a performance engine. Because it's a 90 degree design, you'd need a custom split pin crank, and there are no 4v heads (save the 3 sets of Cobra R clone V10 heads, as seen on the Boss 351 V10). 5.4l 4V> 6.8l 3V
Now that's what I call a BOSS Stang!!! :-D

Unoid

Established Member
they one offed that Shelby V10 with 600hp or something.

would be a bad engine to mass produce for 450-500hp N/A

Users who are viewing this thread