There's A New Shelby!

NVWSSV

Read It Upside Down
Established Member
Shelby Automobiles and West Coast Customs have teamed up to create a limited number of, you guessed it, 06 Shelby Mustangs. Only 25 will be built so who knows how much money they will be.

Site - ShelbyAutos.com

Artical - ShelbyForums.com

I really like the Shelby lettering in the grill and the hood looks really good IMO.

Milstang

Established Member
I like the look of the V6 one and the Shelby letters in the grille. Nice to see more Shelby's out there even though one of them is stuffed full of stereo equipment.

:eek:

NVWSSV

Read It Upside Down
Established Member
Man that GT version has some good lookin' stuff going on. The ghost stripes look really good and I like that front bumper. That big wing in combination with the side scoops and massive wheels looks a touch on the ricey side though. All in all :thumbsup:

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
ShelbyGuy said:
more from the whore! people who compete with themselves rarely come out ahead.

Disappointed yes- I was hoping old Shelby finally decided to go out with some style with Ford, but suprised, no. For those of you who don't know it already Shelby is about the all mighty buck, pure and simple- always has been. Not a lot of respect for the man, especially after that scam where he tried to fake a bunch of 60's Cobra's by letting frames rust outside for a few months.

I'll still buy the GT500; 99% of the population doesn't know what a money grubbing whore the man really is and if it helps Ford justify more go-fast goodies in the GT500, so be it :thumbsup: I'm not above prostituting my belief system for more HP :pepper:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not impressed at all. Nor with a V8 version. Compared to the price of the Shelby GT500 the Blue Oval version should be a much better buy. I could maybe see it if Ford wasn't producing the GT500, and frankly I'm surprised that with his name on the GT500 why in the world would he do this one under his own name? Yeah, I know.....MONEY! :bored: :sleeping:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
I'm actually disappointed to see that...Isn't one production Shelby Mustang enough?
I don't want an "aftermarket" Shelby. If he produced a different car, and applied similar principles, well, that would be allright. My .02

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
well i love the look of the V6 car he modded here. is the best looking new mustang or shelby or whtever you want to call it that i have ever seen. i wonder if he would give you that look with GT-V8 engine and mods that give you 500+ hp???

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
03SoCalCobra said:
Disappointed yes- I was hoping old Shelby finally decided to go out with some style with Ford, but suprised, no. For those of you who don't know it already Shelby is about the all mighty buck, pure and simple- always has been. Not a lot of respect for the man, especially after that scam where he tried to fake a bunch of 60's Cobra's by letting frames rust outside for a few months.

I'll still buy the GT500; 99% of the population doesn't know what a money grubbing whore the man really is and if it helps Ford justify more go-fast goodies in the GT500, so be it :thumbsup: I'm not above prostituting my belief system for more HP :pepper:

It's really nice to see people sum up other people's worth and integrity with so much depth and personal insights, with knowledge gleaned from other people who also have the same lack of class.....My Daddy used to say that no one is perfect, and that judging other people's negatives should also be balanced with the positives... because most humans are not perfect, except those that easily past judgement, such as yourself... who must be perfect. to be in the judging business of others.....

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
this car is just "rice". it looks like a cheap body kit. 6 headlights? silly looking spoiler? 22 inch wheels? high end car-NOT. no thanks!

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
1993cobramustan said:
It's really nice to see people sum up other people's worth and integrity with so much depth and personal insights, with knowledge gleaned from other people who also have the same lack of class.....My Daddy used to say that no one is perfect, and that judging other people's negatives should also be balanced with the positives... because most humans are not perfect, except those that easily past judgement, such as yourself... who must be perfect. to be in the judging business of others.....
What are you doing then???? :rolleyes:

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
1993cobramustan said:

No offense, but according to my daddy you’re an idiot :poke: . I judge nobody; i'll leave that to Pat Robertson. I stated my opinion based on a lengthy history of freely available factual information of which you seem thoroughly deprived. I suppose applying the same logic, one labeling child rapists as scum aught to be tempered with "but they are human beings too and nobody is perfect". :xpl:

Perhaps you don't know that Shelby sued Factory Five? Or that he tried to sue Ford in the 70's for the name "Cobra"? Ok, so maybe he was just being possessive of his business interests and legacy, certainly understandable.. Speaking of legacy and business practices, let’s jump to one example in 1993:

Car Trouble? Autos: Questions have been raised over Carroll Shelby's claim he's building 43 of his classic Cobras using original chassis. Shelby says he's the victim of a business feud.
The Los Angeles Times (Pre-1997 Summery text); Los Angeles, Calif.; Apr 15, 1993; by PAUL DEAN.

Forty-three chassis [Carroll Shelby] said had been in storage since 1965 were actually built in 1991 and 1992 by a Torrance company, McCluskey Ltd. A McCluskey engineer says all frames are precise copies of Cobra 427 chassis originally built for Shelby by AC Cars Ltd. of England, with [Michael McCluskey] workers even duplicating the coarse welds and rough saw cuts of 1965 metal working.

Shelby says [Brian Angliss] wants to enhance sales by bad-mouthing Shelby's version. "He knows that if I build cars, they (customers) will buy from me and that will put him out of business," Shelby says.

He says that Shelby asked him to remanufacture a batch of Cobra chassis and ship them into the United States labeled as "washing machine parts." Angliss says Shelby told him he intended to leave the chassis to rust in the rain "then make a big announcement that he (Shelby) had stored these original and authentic AC Car's chassis since 1965."

:read: Please do us all a favor: can the holier-than-thou, good-old-boy routine. You're time is obviously better spent doing a little research rather than passing judgment on others while simultaneously exempting yourself of your own assertions. :kaboom:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
so what, he tried to fraud people one time(2 if you count the fact of overrated power output on the shelby 1 series or whatever it was called). bill gates hasnt? not one time in fords history did it happen? or GMs or chrysler for that matter? and lets just compare carrol shelby to a rapist why dont we. hes a great man and the good things out number the bad. hell, we wouldnt have a ford GT since no one wouldnt want a car paying homage to an unsuccesful race car. and he made a huge difference in the automotive world but stuffing a big engine into a small car. no one had done that before. what ever though, i know people like you. the facts can be their but you wont listen to them since youll be wrong. and now your gonna type out another post talking about more bad things/mistakes hes done/made and nothing about the good.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$helby?

All I see are two 05 Mustangs with Ricer body kits? Sad to see a legend sell him self out for the almighty dollar. Both tuners look like they have too much going on.

Makes me cringe to see those HUGE Cobra decals on the panels??? What the hell is going on? BLAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Good riddens!

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
Ole' Shel' has long been a business man and has not raced a car in 35+ years. Having said that he is VERY good at at he business side,(Just ask Chrysler and Olds;if not FORD) and will continue to pump money into his Heart Fund. I just personally don't want to pay for it. Unfortunatly I'm not gonna get that option with this new FORD,SVT,Mustang,shelby car that is gonna be offered.

Users who are viewing this thread