The Worst Day Of My Life

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Okay so I'm bored I'll sit here and type this out. Type about 80 words per minute so it will be a little long and keep your comments to yourself I'm not a secretary, I have secetorial skills lol. Okay I'll begin the saga that continues to plague me for the last few months. My brother constantly rides me about it and a few of the people still make jokes about it.

Well a few months back I changed the rearend in my car. I went from a 3.55 gear to a 3.73 gear. At the same time I also lowered the car the car. Since I had problems with my wheels (had to fix TPMS sensors) I put the factory wheels back on the car. I figured it would be easier to get them aligned since I didn't want the guy mounting anyting on my chrome wheels.

Well my brother stops by in the morning to ride with me to the dealer for the alignment. Actually he came by for the free breakfast but hey on with the story. We hop in the car and head to the dealer. About 15 miles from the house I would say. Heading up one of our major streets (4 lanes wide) is a black camaro with the chrome rims and a 465hp badge on the side. I pull up to the light and he looks over and gives it a rev or three.

Now my brother is looking at me with this gleam in his eye because I shake my head in utter disblief. I tap the old throttle letting him know this is not a fake car but the real thing. You would think from the growl of the car and 3200rpm roar ( I never sit there and floor my car in neutral) that this would keep him at bay. Of course not he is setting here piped up waiting for the light to changed. My brother screams out this is going to be epic my money is on the camaro.

Light changes and I try and soft pedal it out the gate (DR's at home off the wheels and I'm sitting on the factory no grips) which is getting me nowhere. The camaro leaves the line with light wheel spin and sounds well it's a bowtie they all sound the same. While I'm getting pulled out the gate I do the inevitable and panic when I'm losing. Like this. This guy has snatched me out the light and has about two cars pulling away hard. I squeeze the pedal a little to hard and now my tach has flown off into no mans land. The TC light is on trying to kill power and apply brakes, car is starting to get sideways heading to the right and the camaro has pulled 2nd gear with me about 3 cars behind him getting sideways.

Snatching second gear while sideways done nothing for me. The smoke just gets thicker and pours out faster. Back to 6300 the tach flies and the car is trying to straighten itself back out. The camaro has about 6 cars on me now and there are a few people looking around because the Snake has hissed letting all around know that a deadly species is in action. My brother is laughing like the joker looking at the camaro saying boy are you embarassing cobras around the world. I grab third and just has I thought the damn thing still won't hook.

The camaro shifts 3rd I believe but he is about 10 cars in front of me and I'm peddling the gas trying to find traction some kind of way. Hell I quit and cut gas feeling the car snap back into position. There is smoke from the light where the car left with over 200 ft of deep black marks down the road leading to the back of the snake. I switch to the middle lane and slide the car into 6th gear. My brother is laughing a little to hard in the passenger seat. Suddenly you can see the Camaro cruising along at about 35 with emergency flasher on.

Pulling up beside him this guy is smiling like the hamburglar. He looks over at us and screams I've been waiting to run one of those cars since my mods. I thought it would be closer but I see the Camaro is running great. My brother looks at me and shouts hey the Camaro is running great. Then this guy has the ordacity to say let's try it from a roll I know your going to kill me just want to see. I slow down to about 35mph in second gear. He honks it off and I roll into the gas.

Now he jumps out about 2 cars from the rear letting go and I shift straight to 3rd gear stopping his pull. He has about 3-4 cars on me but it has leveled off and the stang is holding boost at full throttle. I tell my baby let's go to work. Damnit total refusal. Tach hits about 5K when the wheels let go again. (now mind you they have 40lbs all stock) I slam 3rd gear and the camaro has 7 cars on me. My brother says yeah your getting waxed by a Slomaro lol. I get out of it again and low and behold slows down the camaro and say I thought I had a chance against a Cobra but never thought I would beat one that bad. Revs and takes off. Back on course the dealer I make my turn onto the road it is located on.

Behind me a GT pulls up. Would say about an 07-08 they are a dime a dozen around here. The dealer is about 2 miles up the road. This guy pulls around me and looks over. There is one redlight where the dealer is and a turn off to the right for the parking lot. Sitting at the light this guys is spinning the rear tires. Like it's really cool to drive an auto stang. My brother looks over and screams this is classic pulling out his cellphone. I have to get this one for the archive. There is no way in the world that I'm going to get beat by a GT. Sitting here with the car tach on 1500 and ready to slip the clutch on the launch.

Cut the light perfect getting the jump on the stang but he leaves a lot harder than I do pulling back beside me through the intersection. I shift 2nd at 4K and roll deep into the gas. The Shelby sticks its nose out front and let's the little GT know what happens when you mess with a snake. Yeah this is the time for it. The infamous Goodyear let go at 4300 and the GT sneaks by but I can't let it go like this, I grab 3rd gear and hold on hopping the tires don't let go because the GT has about 1 1/2 cars. Sad thing is the dealer is about 300ft on the right but heck that's what U turns are for. I'm pulling him back in and got to be more careful. Tach hits 5400 and the rear tires let go again but I pump her stright to 4th. We blow by the dealership with the GT about 2 cars in front.

I turn around and so does the GT. We both pull into the dealership with a few people looking at the cars because they just seen us go by. The guy gets out the GT and told the onlookers those cars are overrated. I knew I would wax one when I got a chance. Looks at me and says don't feel bad man putting down a solid 355rwhp. My brother looks at the guy straight faced and says man that rocks what mods do you have. So the guy is looking like a kid at christmas popping his hood talking about TB this and wires and timing and all so I start to head over to check in at the service area. He hollars out hey man you gotta check out this GT he has all kinds of trick stuff. Don't you want to see why you lost. Whatever there guy call your old lady and tell her you need a ride home.

They get the car on the lift which takes a few minutes beacuse of all the boards that have to be stacked up to the car doesn't scrape. The guy I raced was a mechanic and he is in the back telling everyone how he just beat me going past the dealership. Other mechanics are standing around looking inside the car. The alignment man pops the hood, (don't know why there are no adustable camber plates on it) and hollars out hey guys look at this thing. So the mechanics are standing there looking at the whipple with the oil seperators and brace making it look like a complete Beast. One guy tells the GT driver there is no way you have a chance against this thing man it's nowhere near stock. At the least it's over 650rwhp. The GT guy looks at him and says didn't you just see me drag him down the street pass the shop. It's the combination and how you drive, all those fancy parts mean nothing.

The alignment guy comes out and tells me that the toe was off and everything else was fine. I grab my car and the guys are standing around saying nice car and what does it put down. I tell them enough to spin behind a GT while he is wideopen and won't let him get away. The guy laughs and says everyone wants an excuse. Get with me next week when I hook up my nitrous and we can put some money on this. Gladly I reply and I'm out.

Straight to the house and get my wheels straight. There will be no deviating. Okay my brother talks me into shooting out to Hampton real quick to see the bootleg man to grap a few movies and cds while were out. Sure besides ready to hit the highway and see how the new gears keep the tach but I still want my wheels on. On the highway the tach shows about 300 more rpms than what the old gears did so not to bad but you can hear the car a little more with the new gears. The exhaust lets you know it's running.

Can the day get any worst. A blue Z06 in the far left lane passes by and now gets in the middle lane slowing down. Well he is going to get what he is looking for. Now I might can't get it out the gate with the new gears but rolling this thing takes all that there is with oh snap my wheels are still at home. We get side by side and he down shifts twice reving the motor on each down shift. My brother is being the typical ass he is on a regular basis. Man this day is getting good your getting beat by everyone. Makes the money that you spent seem like a waste of time.

We slow down to 45mph and he honks it off. Now with the 3.55 this was a real sweet spot, actually I perffered about 50 but hey lets get this done. 3rd honk and were off. I mash the pedal and we start pulling off from from the Z06 quickly until, (hey I have the stock tires) yeah the tires let go around 5k. The Z06 pulls by slowly but I grab 3RD at his rear bumper trying to hold him from walking off. He geat about a car and a half out while my boost is coming back on and you feel the car start to pull you back in the seat again.

Okay gotta show him how the big end looks when chasing a Cobra because I'm going back around him. Slowly I'm closing his car lead when all of a sudden I hit the 5900-6000 mark and the damn back end starts coming around. Before I can react the car slams the rev limitier snapping back stright and I immediately grab 4TH. During this the Vette is now about 5 to 6 cars out and walking off hard. I flash the lights has I go to 6TH gear because there is nothing I can do. He slows back down and gives me the thumbs up.

We slow down to about 50mph and he hollars out don't feel bad man your suppose to lose. Watch out for the Z06 and stick with the base models. Gives a Rev and lays into it. Gotta admit it does sound good. I pull off the highway and make an immediate U turn. My brother says don't take it hard man your suppose to lose. Where are you going now. TO PUT MY DAMN WHEELS BACK ON. I will not lose another race with this raggedy RBTs on my car. (Round Black Tire) Riding around with over 700rwhp on stock tires is just asking for a beating to take place.

Why is it that when you have a fast car but have something out of whack is when everyone wants to run you. Wrong tires and here they come. New clutch or something where you can't really run it to the full potential there are cars at every light that don't stand a chance ready to get a win. Oh well I put the secnario on the net so now everyone can sit back and read about my day. But I will say this. Catch me with the TRU FORGED and you got action all day everyday.:rockon:

Alscobra

Established Member
Cliff notes: got his A$$ handed to him by a camaro, a GT, and a Z06. All in the same day. Blaming it on tires.
Solution: throw your stock wheels away. Get it aligned with your good wheels at a shop with a good machine. The right head fixture will not damage your wheels at all. Good story and sorry for your losses.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Holy chit man sounds like an extremely bad day, x 10

BTW wanna run ? LOL!!!!!

blake_colvin

Established Member
Wow.. thats like a nightmare man..

however, it sounds like what my brother or friend would do to me so its hillarious none the less

but, you do have a sweet shelby for sure mad props

Satyr

Established Member
After the first car, why even race? Should have taken the first lumping as a sign and just waited until your car was back to normal.

Either way, good story and it sounds like your car is pretty sick.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Wow. That must be pretty embarrassing. Although you were on stock tires with a modified shelby. yikes I'd probably go drink myself to sleep after that haha.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
OP...you have a beautiful car there and the "potential" power to make that thing a beast if you could plant the power. However, don't feel bad. You are very similar to about 80% of other people who throw tons of money into the motor so they can flaunt their HP/Trq numbers but never spend a dime on the suspension to keep the power planted. On the positive side, you did not lose any money on any of those races. That would have really topped off your day....
In summation.... Don't leave home without some DRs on...:beer:

Sorry for being a dick..but you needed to hear it..:)

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
It's all good my brother still talks to this day about it. The competitive edge just gets the best of me. I knew when the Camaro revved at the light what was probably going to happen. It's my first day driving he car with the 3.73sa and I was on the stock tires. I have plenty of experience with the 3.55 on the Toyo's but this was just to get it aligned.

I figured it was Karma coming back to get me for all the junk that I talk. This was months ago and my brother constantly shows me the replay of the GT saying I could have saved about 35K and been faster than the Shelby. The car does sound good during the vid with the gear changes and SC whine is like listening to a symphony.

Yeah I blamed the losses on the tires but my brother hits me with the Grandma could have done better speech. All I can do is deal with it. The car handles great and I have no problems running anyone. Just funny the day that I have the stock wheels on it there are so many people that have it in for the Shelby. What made it so bad it was like 8:45 in the morning when I started getting beat.

By the time I made it back home it was 1:00 pm. In a matter of 4 hours (alignment included) I took 3 serious beating by cars that any other day of the year would have never had a chance. Oh how Fate has a sick and twisted sense of humor. Even had my brother present to witness it.

Has for losing and then racing again, if your a real racer it's hard to turn down anything. I race everything if it looks to be safe and there is a chance. Sort of like betting. You bet and lose but then you do it again. How many times have you played a game or gambled and then did the same thing again. I felt has the next race I could change a few things. I did get better at launching the car but no matter what it would not take full boost above 4K. You live and learn. I have sold my stock wheels so that I will never see them on the car again and brought a set of 17s with DR's if it needs to go to the alignment shop.

No matter how much HP you make or what your suspension mods are, you will never beat anyone if you can't hook. I think if any of the cars would have done it from a 90-100mph roll on it would have been a different outcome. Now where is the fun in that at. Lesson learned and I didn't blame the tires, I blame Ford for putting such sorry tires on the car from the factory.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I feel your pain man. I've had that happen with the 305/35 MT DRs..... :(

earl lee

Established Member
Props for telling the stories, as the old saying go power is useless with no traction.

HPRacing

SVTP Lurker
Established Member
Ouch, you're a glutton for punishment. I would have just said I'm not racing on factory rubber, they suck, period. You'd get some flak for not racing I suppose, but better than losing. To each his own, if you're really competitive and couldn't turn it down... Did they not notice your John Force burnout, would be apparent you had no traction.

PS: Your bro sounds like an asshat, lol

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Damn dirty sounds like you took a stout beating today. You let a GT get you? Go put the wheels back on, hit the bottle to ease the pain and start over tomorrow

DarkMach1

Established Member
Either this car is not tuned right or the OP's driving skills are really lacking. You've got twice the power the GT has, you should've been able to peddal it and still come around on him, same with the camaro. The Z06 Im not so sure about but it should have been much closed than the outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread