The World's Oldest Mustang Driver

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul.../?src=nl&mag=rdt&list=nl_rdt_news&date=111116

Since its debut in 1964, the Ford Mustang become one of the most iconic American cars ever sold. When Swedish driver Lennart Ribring first saw it, he fell in love. Ribring purchased a new Mustang back then and says he's hardly ever thought about another car.

Now, as he approaches the 100-year mark, he decided to get something new. So he went out and purchased a brand new 2016 Mustang GT complete with a manual transmission and a 5.0-liter V8. No EcoBoost Mustang for this man. The 97-year-old says he has no problem driving his cherished steed around, showing it off to his son and granddaughter.

He also happens to be the oldest Mustang driver in the world. To celebrate, Ford of Sweden put together a nice film documenting Ribring's car history, his new purchase, and his car-filled plans for the future.

We salute you, Lennart. And hopefully, at 97, we're still driving cool cars, too.

[video=youtube;xe69Az-sIQE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe69Az-sIQE[/video]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They did a nice job on the video. Nice to honor him like that. And yeah, to drive a manual performance Mustang at that age would be awesome.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
My great grandfather just turned 100, had a huge collection of awesome cars, and just this year stopped driving so much. He will if he has to, but relys on other people for the most part.

Hopefully this gentleman has similar luck and can enjoy driving his new car for a few more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
And here i thought i was the oldest Mustang driver in the world.
I am older than dirt and still drive a manual .

Users who are viewing this thread