The Wife cracked a rim!

BTRStang

USMC Ret.
Established Member
The wife was driving the Denali Saturday afternoon and pulled into a parking lot off the hwy and it a hole.... I'm so bummed because we just put new tires on her, less than a month old:shrug:

rdsnk46

Established Member
It'll buff right out..........JMWY. At least she didnt crash or get hurt, could have been much worse.

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
IMO They (wives) just dont get it. A month ago my wife and I (wife driving) pulled into the bank and as she was pulling into the drive up window she curbed it and i gave her a look and then she got all bent outa shape for my look. It was a battle I was not going to win so I just let it go. Just rubbed the tire but still, I dont think they pay as much attention as we do. Not women in general just wives.

BTRStang

USMC Ret.
Established Member
IMO They (wives) just dont get it. A month ago my wife and I (wife driving) pulled into the bank and as she was pulling into the drive up window she curbed it and i gave her a look and then she got all bent outa shape for my look. It was a battle I was not going to win so I just let it go. Just rubbed the tire but still, I dont think they pay as much attention as we do. Not women in general just wives.

Couldn't agree more! :beer:

tommygun

Established Member
cheap chinese tire and wheel - broken even at slow hit.

If youre going to go big, spend a few more dollars and get a quality piece and dont buy junk chinese tires. Yes spending 140ea or whatever sounded like a badass deal, but they do zero in the way of protection.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member

So much this! My wife has curbed every rim on her Lancer and deeply scratched every body panel. Every time I bring it up, all she says is... "the car was meant to be driven, babe". WTF:dw:

19935.slow

Established Member
So much this! My wife has curbed every rim on her Lancer and deeply scratched every body panel. Every time I bring it up, all she says is... "the car was meant to be driven, babe". WTF:dw:
It's a hard battle to fight. I finally have my gf washing and detailing her car once a week. Also not driving into big potholes on purpose. Fl is awful. Ever 2011 plus model car is covered in dirt, yellow headlights, bent/scratched rims and hubcaps.

Don't make car payments on a vehicle if your ganna treat it like dick. Thats what craigs list is for.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
cheap chinese tire and wheel - broken even at slow hit.

If youre going to go big, spend a few more dollars and get a quality piece and dont buy junk chinese tires. Yes spending 140ea or whatever sounded like a badass deal, but they do zero in the way of protection.

This. Sucks about the wheel though!!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My first thought after seeing the wheel..

becoming_2.jpg

Edit: First picture was HUGE

Users who are viewing this thread