The wait is tough...

WA 2 FST

Established Member
I posted awhile back about purchasing a new '09 GT500 'vert back in mid-December. I bought it from a dealer in Houston (I live near Dallas) and they partner with a shop right down the street from them who does mods/installations and tuning on a lot of GT500s and other hot-rods. After talking to the manager of the shop at length, I had/have full confidence in them to meet the expectations I have.

Well, the holidays have slowed things down a bit, which is understandable. I made a day trip to Houston yesterday with my son to see the Texas Bowl, so I stopped in to check on the progress ... and see my car for the first time. It's definitely a beautiful looking (and sounding) machine. :rockon:

Suspension mods include the FRPP Handling Pack and the shop's own competition UCA's (they have a 1000hp car that they will be campaigning in the Texas Mile this coming year).

Power mods include: FRPP Supercharger kit (TVS blower and FRPP CAI), tune, Magnaflow 3" stainless cat-back, and 180^t-stat (not really a power mod). First pull with no tuning was 545rwhp. They expect 575 or so with a conservative tune once it is all done.

The only appearance mod is I'm having the mirrors painted to match. I've seen others that they have done and they look great. I also had the FRPP shifter installed.

It will be a really cool car once its done, but the wait is definitely tough. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up this weekend. If not, I won't be able to get back down there until next Friday.

Of course, with my luck, once I get it home, it will get really cold and nasty here in N. Texas. :poke:

Happy New Year, fellow GT500 owners!

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
Sorry you have to wait, but at least you got to see it! Great choice of upgrades. All the power and still all Ford parts. Can't wait to see it done.

WA 2 FST

Established Member
Did you happen to snap any pics?

No, I didn't have my camera with me. It was going to be hit-and-miss whether I could catch the guys at the shop anyway, and I didn't bring it as the stop was not the primary intention of the trip.

I'm hoping to get the car on Saturday.

6-Speed

Established Member
Congratulation - nice setup you have there. The painted mirrors really make a difference in the appearance of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread