The Vibration that wont go away

fordracing19

Established Member
They did replace the ring,pinion,case and bearings. The tech has ordered parts but not sure what he ordered. He was thinking half shafts but I think transmission.

fordracing19

Established Member
Well had some more parts put on. Still not fixed. They replaced both half shafts. One had a torn boot he thought was from the other dealer that did rear end work. Also machined both rear rotors. My road force is 9lb and 17lb on the rears. Not sure on the front. Techline says spec is 12 on verts. The tech put his known good tires on and it still vibrated. His check worse than mine on road force but do not vibrate on his car. I called Ford customer service and opened a case on the car. Supposed to get a call in 2 days. He also changed the pinion and rotated the pinion flange. Techline does not think it is in the trans sense the slide yoke doesn't wobble and it isn't leaking fluid. I just want my car fixed. Warranty is up at the end of march and it only has 18k miles. I will bet it has 800-900 miles on it from taking it to the dealers and them road testing it.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Mine had 2 rear ends and 3 driveshafts in it. Still does it, but to less extent.

Switching from stock 17" wheels/tires to new 18" wheels/tires did nothing...

fordracing19

Established Member
Update. They replace both halfshafts with no difference. Techline said all wheels had to be under 12lb roadforce before the would send a FSE (field service engineer) out. I paid $844 to the dealer for new tires and balance to less than 12lb road force. Fse came out and drove the car. He said that mine was not as bad as some of the vert's but they havent been able to fix any of them. Some get better when swapping parts. The rear end angles are engineered wrong. They could not do anything more with my car. I am out of $844 and have been in a rent car for 40 days the last 2 months. They were offering 4k less on trade in due to the problem. I was looking at new f2504x4 lariat's. I ended up getting 23k trade at a Dodge dealer for a new Cummins 4x4 with a Quad cab Dodge wrapped around it. I loved the looks and power of my cobra but the vibration drove me nuts. Cowl shake was also a huge problem.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
fordracing19 said:
Update. They replace both halfshafts with no difference. Techline said all wheels had to be under 12lb roadforce before the would send a FSE (field service engineer) out. I paid $844 to the dealer for new tires and balance to less than 12lb road force. Fse came out and drove the car. He said that mine was not as bad as some of the vert's but they havent been able to fix any of them. Some get better when swapping parts. The rear end angles are engineered wrong. They could not do anything more with my car. I am out of $844 and have been in a rent car for 40 days the last 2 months. They were offering 4k less on trade in due to the problem. I was looking at new f2504x4 lariat's. I ended up getting 23k trade at a Dodge dealer for a new Cummins 4x4 with a Quad cab Dodge wrapped around it. I loved the looks and power of my cobra but the vibration drove me nuts. Cowl shake was also a huge problem.

:nonono:

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
That is too bad. I had a vibe in mine when I bought it. They replaced 2 tires and it has been fine since. I think if I ever get to this point I will do a solid axle swap or figure out how to fix it. I'm a mechanical engineer after all. I love diesel trucks but dumping a cobra especially a terminator is pretty extreme. But I understand the inconvience you must have gone through. I had a scion xa for a daily driver with nothing but problems. I had 4 evaporator canisters replaced in 15 k miles, and had a water leak in the passenger door replaced 2 times. I traded it for my 2004 pontiac grand am GT. I'm much happier so I know how you feel.

Users who are viewing this thread