the vibe(i know i know, but read it anyway)

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
so im gonna kill my self soon over this damn vibe.

here's what i have done:

65 - 85 and beyond

new driveshaft(no change)
driveshaft indexing(i tried all the holes and the vibe never changed)
new tires rear(no change)
new tires front(this made it worse..hmmm..)
alinement(no change)
had the pop/tink and had the nut retorqued(wow,thanks ford..for nothing, no change in vibe)

now one thing i have is a set of mildy warped front rotors, but im unsure how they can be connected.:read:

once i got the new tires on the front the pulsation of the vibration where stronger. :idea:

however, the shaking feels like it's the entire car(from the floor pan especially) and the wheel does not shake at all.

the dealer hooked an NVH up and said it was the wheels(i dont know how much investment i would put in that)

if the wheel berrings where crap, would the steering wheel shake?

the car does not vibrate the mirrors but it's obvious it's there.

anything will help.:beer:

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
May as well change/upgrade the rotors since they are bent- I've heard that bent rotors can cause a myriad of other problems. I'd also have someone take a look to see if you have a bent or bad wheel.

Not sure what else you could do:shrug: I'm sure someone else with more knowledge will chime in.

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
Check the wheels

Mach1USMC said:
I'd also have someone take a look to see if you have a bent or bad wheel.

Yeah, you may not be interested in UPGRADING your wheels, but at least you should isolate the problem. See if your friendly Ford dealer will let you use a similar set of rims/tires (2 rear), even from a GT maybe, just to see if the vibe changes. Then try them on the front too. If one of your factory rims is out of round or has too much runout, maybe the dealer will replace it. If they won't loan you a set to test, maybe you've got a local SVT or Mustang group you could ask??

You've been pretty thorough with all your other steps, this would be somewhat less work to do and might either solve it or at least eliminate it as a variable. Good luck.

Fred Brown

Established Member
vibration

corpsedub Ford did every thing on my car they could, for many thousand miles and never found my vibration, then the Ford engineer suggested that i get my tires and wheels road force ballanced. that did it. cost 84 dollars well spent. Fred

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Fred Brown said:
corpsedub Ford did every thing on my car they could, for many thousand miles and never found my vibration, then the Ford engineer suggested that i get my tires and wheels road force balanced. that did it. cost 84 dollars well spent. Fred

If this has not been done yet... You have not turned over every stone!!!

In fact this should be the 1st step!!

If you have no run out issues in your wheels and your tires road force within the acceptable range.

I would just go out of pocket and get the pinion angle dialed in... it can move around with the stock bushings... or maybe we should call them squishings...:rollseyes

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
the dealer hooked an NVH up and said it was the wheels(i dont know how much investment i would put in that

If its the latest NVA then its very good and "wheels" could be anything in wheels and tires, i would deff. road force the tires. I'm assuming your dealer does not have one or this would have been the first thing they would have done find a dealer with a road force balancer and take it there

and also on your driveshaft replacement little tip if you bought a factory replacement DS then it could still be your problem at the factory the ones that balance the best got on the vehicle the ones that are alittle off go to parts...
Anyway hope this helped

sabredog

Established Member
jimmysidecar,that is an excellent point.i have been through this crap myself.new tires force balancing, frt wheel bearings,ford driveshaft and the latest,carbon fiber driveshaft.all didn't help.i have found out about maximum motorsports differential aluminum bushing kit that makes the pinion angle adjustable.it's 250.00 dollars,but if it fixes this frickin' vibe it's worth it.good luck

Users who are viewing this thread