The Verdict is In

ltv1

Established Member
I know what you mean. I was at the dealer for some work and saw the Harley Lightnings or whatever they are called. If I had to choose between the two it would be hard. Harleys are sweet.

Bolt a Pro 5.0 on before you drive home!:beer:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03

Not all that quick or fast, but the potential is there. That was my initial impression...
:??: What kind of stock cars did you use to have that were quicker? Viper? McLaren F1?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
None. Just as I did not think LeBron James was as good as I had thought when I watched him play Oak Hill and Mater Dei...Just as I thought Shaq was not as big and tall as I had thought when I actually met him in person. Never said my statement was comparative. Did too much magazine racing before I took delivery.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
None. Just as I did not think LeBron James was as good as I had thought when I watched him play Oak Hill and Mater Dei...Just as I thought Shaq was not as big and tall as I had thought when I actually met him in person. Never said my statement was comparative. Did too much magazine racing before I took delivery.
Cool, I was going to ask why you downgraded.:beer:

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
was that at Person Ford, Mike? I am looking at maybe trading my bike and Cobra on a new Lightning but I was there on Sunday and all they had was a white one. nothing wrong with white but my cobra is white and I want a change, I want a black L or a Black 03 Cobra (which they had - WOW what a looker) What are ya asking for the WS6? PM me the price I know of someone looking for one.

A

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Sounds like a good day, Mike. :beer: Good luck w/ your decision, bro.

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Not all that quick or fast, but the potential is there. That was my initial impression...

I felt the same way at first. Let me explain why I got the Cobra. I had a 01 GT that I wanted to S/C but the more research I did I realized I could get more with the Cobra. The weak internals of the 2V 4.6 always worried me and would restrict the amount of boost I could use, not to mention the fact that the S/C I wanted was the KB intercooled version which I would probably be still waiting on for release. Then one day out of the blue my wife says "Wanna go test drive one of those Cobra thingys." We visited the Ford dealer up the road from my house and all we got was the run around. The dealer had a riduculous markup on the Cobra and were not willing to budge. Also they were not going to give me spit for my 01. I didn't even get to test drive one but fell completely in love with it. Over the course of a few weeks I was able to work a deal with another dealer over the internet for top dollar trade in value on my 01 and good price for my DSG.

I had read a lot of magazines about the performance and features of the Cobra prior to buying it. The Cobra had reached supercar status in my mind. I took it real easy through the intial break in time and then when I had reached approximatley 1500 miles I took it out to run it through the paces. The SOTP feeling in my opinion was not that much more than my 01 GT. But as I drove it more it occurred to me that there were not many places I could run the car through third gear. The other night I was getting on the freeway and I had really laid into it, I went by traffic so fast it scared the crap out of me and I wasn't even in fourth.

My car is still stock down to the paper filter. I still am just south of 3k miles and while it does not feel shockingly fast I must remeber to keep things in perspective. I thought that when I got it it would be a touch the gas buy a new set of tires kinda ride however, I beleive we must give credit to SVT for making the car moster that is completly streetable. I would venture to say that it is even more streetable than my GT. I lot of people rag on the Cobra for not being as refined as the Vette but unless a vette drives itself it can't be that much better (this is opinion based on no facts) or at least the level I drive.

I love this car, I get a s*** eating grin every time I drive it. Nasty you will love yours once you get it...

p.s. sorry for the long post this is something I am passionate about

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by Alex_96Cobra
was that at Person Ford, Mike? I am looking at maybe trading my bike and Cobra on a new Lightning but I was there on Sunday and all they had was a white one. nothing wrong with white but my cobra is white and I want a change, I want a black L or a Black 03 Cobra (which they had - WOW what a looker) What are ya asking for the WS6? PM me the price I know of someone looking for one.

A

I went over to Sunrise ford actually. I will send you a PM on the price, I am going to be calling for the payoff amount in a little while.

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
I am really hoping not, anything is better than my WS6 though.

I am kinda new here...What don't you like about your WS6. Before I got my GT I was seriously looking at a WS6 and I have been handed my butt many times by them when I had my GT. Now that I got the Cobra I don't even get a second look...

NastyWS6

Established Member
My WS6 has had nothing but problems since day one. Either the Clutch was constantly sticking or going out, or the rear end was whining like a squeeling pig down the highway. Both of which were not from the power I put to it. But after I put the power to it I realized how weak the posi traction unit was when I shattered it, I am still driving on a screwed up clutch, and I have shattered the ringlands on the stock pistons.

If thats not enough, the car is a damn rattle trap. I have had nothing but bad luck with it from nearly day one, the car has been backed into cracking the door. I have had a T-top come flying off going down the track shattering all over the place, and then a little over 2 weeks ago someone tried to steal my car from my driveway screwing up the pass side key cyl and the trunk key cyl. A week before that my step dad rear ended my car while it was in the driveway.

I mean don't get me wrong I love the car, and for the longest time it was all I ever wanted. But somehow every time I get what I wanted sooner than I should it becomes a bomb exploding in my face. Same problem with the truck I used to have until I wrapped it around a 4' thick palm tree. I only had the truck for 2 months.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Whoa Mike. You have a sweet car. I def. like the 03 Cobra better. But yours is a nice ride. :beer:

I didn't mean it that way Larry, it is just all the aggravation from the car left me prone to word it like that.

Jens03GT

Established Member
Originally posted by NastyWS6
I am really hoping not, anything is better than my WS6 though.

How could you say that about a WS6. You have nice car. I will admitt that they do have problems right off the lot, but damn that are nice cars. I miss my TA to death. I wish I still had mine. When I get back to the states I am hoping to find another there.

Last edited:

blackfang

Established Member
Congrats. My dealership would never let anyone take one for a teest drive until the application for credit came back, and their score reflected they could buy the car. Then you got to bitch at them for the 3,000 markup( I always complained to the manager for that when we had 5 Cobras on the lot, when everyone in town had them at MSRP...funny everyones have sold but ours still haven't lol..)

Users who are viewing this thread