the Ultimate LS2 project W/lots of pics!

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
Not my car, I could only wish, I have all to afford a 99 SS and a track Terminator. I setup a website for the guy who did a lot of the work on my Cobra and I uploaded a pic by pic illustration of his hand built 6sec certified tube chassis race car he built for himself last winter. It has gotten a lot of interest as it should have, you can check it out at >> F and R Body Shop.com << , just click on the project button.

Frank is a chassis building wizard and a perfectionist and A. Morrison, one of the most respected frame and chassis manufactors who sold him the blue prints for his doorslammer has liked his work for years. Well they pointed a guy to him that wanted to fund a real super car project. This project is the type of thing you see on Barrett Jackson. This guy from Purchase NY wanted a Resto-Rod hand built for him that he could drive and check out Frank's work at the same time. I guess he is already a collector maybe, but he wanted to start doing one of these type projects every year and seems to have funds to pull it off, he saw Franks work and gave him the first project.

I'm not sure if I have permission to use the dudes name so that will be up to him, this guy found a 59 Vette vert in Queens NY, it had a motor swap done to it and was running but that didn't matter, it was purchased and delivered just so the body could be used to top a completely hardcore A. Morrision race chassis with an LS2 bullet. Even though he will not be taking it to the track, everything on the car will be as if he was! The 400 HP is connected to a race grade 6 speed Richmond "Bullet Proof" grinder with a CenterForce HD clutch and a SFI metal housing. Every single piece has to the best money can buy and the body will be restored to Gold Seal Show quality with fender and trim tolerances of a Ferrari, even though it will be a modern chassis, suspension and drivetrain. The gauges are being sent to a company that will rebuild them as digital even though they will 100% appear as correct and matching to a 59 Vette.

Who knows you may even see this car on Speed channel in a couple years being auctioned for some God awful high number and I hope Frank and his son can start to make a reputation for his business, he really deserves it. I have been living episodes of Chop-Cut-Rebuilt for a long time at his shop and everything he touches is just perfect when he says it is finished, no BS!

Here are a bunch of pics that he and myself have been taking, the project is in the initial stages. Measuring clearances, taking the chrome apart and labeling it for the electroplater. The motor and trani are assembled but is probably months from getting installed into the brand new A. Morrison frame. The body is close to being removed and welded to a jig.

Could you imagine either being the guy planning this or Frank who gets to do a start to finish project that showcases his 30 years of car building? This is not a kit car, this will be a one of a kind!

In a couple of weeks or so I should get his fandrbodyshop.com website updated with all the details so it can be followed by all, but here is a little tease!

Click on any of the pictures for a higher resolution ZOOM!

Last edited:

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
I know this isn't the "hottest girlfriend" thread or some stupid redneck video or pictures of some guys car he just waxed, just thought it might have interested a couple car nuts, but I was wrong.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
that is going to be very bad ass, I love seeing older cars get new tech motor, suspesion, brakes

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
96lasersnake said:
that is going to be very bad ass, I love seeing older cars get new tech motor, suspesion, brakes
+1

I love the way that older muscle cars look and feel that they have way more personality then cars today. The only department they suck in is everything lol. They usually aren't "fast", handle poorly, and stop like a train. But with all the work this guys doing its going to be literally the best of both worlds. Can't wait to see it finished so be sure to post of some updates along the way ;-)

lightning_2001

Established Member
damn i wish i had the $$ to do something like that.its gonna be badass.one day after i win the lottery.........

95riosnake

Established Member
Should be badass! I remember being at a Super Chevy show years back and seeing a yellow 60s vette with a complete C5 drivetrain and wheels, it was absolutely sweet. I have no doubts this one will be as nice, probably nicer. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread