The TIC.........The Fix's here

boostedsnake

Established Member
Does any one w/the blue mark/line on the driver's side cylinder head get the TIC......... called up 1 800-ford-SVT and was told that the reviced heads are already in the Cobras built after 01/01/03 and have a blue color mark/line on them. I was also told that this will be released to the dealers to correct the cars w/the TIC in the next 3-4 weeks.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Last edited:

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
This is funny cause I noticed the blue streak today and was wondering what that was. :) Yes it's on the drivers side of the car and I don't have a tick. I'll post a pick if you guys want...

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Here is the pic of the blue streak on my car.

MVC-001X.JPG

grnenvy

Established Member
I got my car july of 2002 and I don't have that tick, hopefully I never get it. My car was one of the first cars down the assembly line. Anyone out there with a car that they received in july of 2002 that has the tick.

boostedsnake

Established Member
Originally posted by SaleenCobra
This is funny cause I noticed the blue streak today and was wondering what that was. :) Yes it's on the drivers side of the car and I don't have a tick. I'll post a pick if you guys want...

When was your car built?..........my blue line looks the same also.

Last edited:

boostedsnake

Established Member
Originally posted by grnenvy
I got my car july of 2002 and I don't have that tick, hopefully I never get it. My car was one of the first cars down the assembly line. Anyone out there with a car that they received in july of 2002 that has the tick.

Do u have the blue line? How many miles on ur car?

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
Blue Paint on Driver's Side Head

Got it the blue stripe on mine too...Car was built after plant shutdown (11/26/02) no engine-tick to speak of....Just my injectors

-Pete:coolman:

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by boostedsnake
Hey saleencobra how many miles on ur car..............mine was built on 3/07/03.

1900 miles, I need to pick up a beater to drive. How about yourself.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Dang. So does this mean we have to take our Cobras into the dealer and have them swap the heads out?

BTW - build date 11/12/02 - no blue stripe - only 680 miles - noticing the tick. It's getting worse, still faint but sometimes I can hear it without even pulling up next a wall (for echo).

FINICKY

Established Member
Well both my heads have the blue stripe and my car was built 5/02/02 ....very early first run and it has a slight tick

Last edited:

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Are we sure that blue stripe is the indication of the tick fix? I don't have the tick (well I think I don't) and my build date is 12/13/02 and I DO have that mark.... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread