The Suicidal Coyote

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
The Suicidal Coyote Attacks My Car

On the way home from the valley tonight, I was cruising back to my little town, doing the speed limit of 55 MPH, when a Coyote runs across the road from my left. I'm in the right lane. I have a good 1/2 mile between me and the cars behind me, so I stab the brakes HARD!!!. I get it down to about 40 MPH, but I can't, turn to the right much, and left is where the animal is coming from, so I can't move in that direction, and the dumbass runs right in front of my car, turns and looks at me, and stops.

Just friggin stops! I was still going as far to the right as I could, but I hit him on the drivers corner big time. Busted the front plastics all to hell, my drivers side foglight is GONE , somewhere in pieces on the highway.

My car looks worse than a certain cobra that rear ended another car last year.

The Coyote was at least as big as a small German Sheperd, probably 40-50 pounds.

I'll post pictures in the morning, I'm just bummed out completely. Why'd the bastard have to choose me to commit suicide? Makes me wonder why I haven't gone hunting in so long, time to thin the pack a little

EDIT: Here are the pics I just took, I'll replace them tomorrow when I have some real light. Crap!

DSC00777.JPG

DSC00779.JPG

DSC00786.JPG

Last edited:

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
Damn man, whats with those suicidal animals? And why they always run infront of the good vehicles will puzzle me for life! I hope you fix everything up quick

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
I'm gonna call my car "Road Runner", and get me a horn that goes Meep Meep. That Coyote was toast! Bastard:mj: :cuss: :fm:

Ok, a few more drinks so I can finally stop stressin about it and get some sleep:xpl:

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
btw, in drifting, bumpers and sideskirts always start falling off because people sometimes clip the barriers, we just ziptie the bumpers on.

zipties and duct tape can fix anything!!!

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
that bashtard coyote. :cuss:
Damn. I did $1200 damage to that car I tapped and almost no marks on the Piggie...

This must have been a hell of a coyote. Did you try to give it mouth-to-mouth to keep it alive until the doctor arrived, or did your penknife come into play?
James

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
I powerbraked and made like my last trip into the waterbox Friday night.

Have you skinned the coyote yet? Will you have a new 'wilderness man' look the next time we see you with coyote teeth on a string around your neck, and a nice Davy Crockett style coyote-skin hat with the pelt kinda like a cape?
just curious,
J

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:eek: Damn John....i thought this was going to be a bad thread with that tittle u had going.

Man so the hood is lifting as well. Yeah urs is bad bro....sorry.

Cant the Insurance Co. cover all this?

stang99

Adam is correct. You can make a temp repair if you wish to run at C-Bad. Just never try to trade your car in at Vista Ford. They will inspect it and tell you that you had a massive front end accident obvioiusly involving a rather large horse, and they will produce the hairs from your frame to prove it. Amazing how much damage one animal can do. I fear animals the most when I am riding my motorcycle. Fortunately, it can be repaired and only the coyote was hurt.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
:eek: Damn John....i thought this was going to be a bad thread with that tittle u had going.

Man so the hood is lifting as well. Yeah urs is bad bro....sorry.

Cant the Insurance Co. cover all this?

The hood was up so I could see the damage, it closes ok, but the little plastic doohickey that runs around the radiator snapped off

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
The hood was up so I could see the damage, it closes ok, but the little plastic doohickey that runs around the radiator snapped off

:( Yeah that must be replaced as well then :bash: Damn Animals. Some time i wonder if the animals do it on purpose :nonono:

But it worse then our other memeber :nonono: Insurance ?? :shrug:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
damn dude that really sucks. glad to hear that you were not injured. between offing the coyote and breaking a few things or avoiding the animal and sliding down a ravine/swerving into oncoming traffic you did the "right thing". you can still run on the 10th though - we've got plenty of duct tape, bailing wire, etc. :D

stang99

Take it in; get some estimates; then get out some metal straps and a pop rivet gun and run Carlsbad before you get it fixed. Once you know that a new piece has to be ordered, you can do a nice safe bandade fix that will work very effectively.
You did put that wire clip back on didn't you?

I know a garage.....................

Last edited by a moderator:

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
I forgot the wire clip, I can see the insurace co taking lessons from Ford

"The wire clip being off obviously caused the Coyote to stop to tell you that is was off, and you callously ran him down in return, claim denied, insurance cancelled, murderer!"

stang99

There are some animal activists looking for you. Maybe you should not have posted all this on a public forum? That Cotote tail on your antena also lacks class.

Users who are viewing this thread