The Shelby has ruined my Lightning

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
I just took my L out to get the tires rotating and the fluids moving around . I have not driven it since I bought the Shelby, well probably haven't driven it in about 2 months. I hate to say it but everytime I hit the gas I couldn't help but think WTF is that it? It's definetly fast but compared to the Shelby its like I was running on 6 spark plugs. I used to love the rush I got from my L but now its just not there.Then when I start thinking about the Shelby I still want more power even though I can't even use all the available power in her as it is......I think I've got a problem.

Planeswalker

Established Member
I use my 2006 Mustang GT as a DD. After driving the Shelby I'm afraid to smash on the gas, and when I do it feels sad lol.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member

Exactly!!!

I use my 2006 Mustang GT as a DD. After driving the Shelby I'm afraid to smash on the gas, and when I do it feels sad lol.

My DD is a 97 prelude and that next day after the Shelby all I could do was laugh at the flimsy clutch and twig-like shifter Lmao but the lightning is supposed to be the "other" beast in my garage and now I feel like she needs some upgrades, which puts me in my predicament, I want to mod the Shelby but I like the security of a warantee. Ok after reading my own post I'm embarrassed. I know there are plenty of people who would pay to have my so called "problems"...........

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Exactly!!!

My DD is a 97 prelude and that next day after the Shelby all I could do was laugh at the flimsy clutch and twig-like shifter Lmao but the lightning is supposed to be the "other" beast in my garage and now I feel like she needs some upgrades, which puts me in my predicament, I want to mod the Shelby but I like the security of a warantee. Ok after reading my own post I'm embarrassed. I know there are plenty of people who would pay to have my so called "problems"...........

first world problems....

Leave the shelby be, get some meats on her and suspension mods to make it handle better and plant the power she has. Thats what Im doing

as far as your L, a pulley and tune will open her up nicely I think

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
as far as your L, a pulley and tune will open her up nicely I think

She already has an 8lb lower, fully built except the trans and rear end, and a race tune with 614 hp. It's just different I guess. I mean two totally different types of vehicle obviously, I guess I'm just not used to all the 2013-ness of the Shelby :D

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
She already has an 8lb lower, fully built except the trans and rear end, and a race tune with 614 hp. It's just different I guess. I mean two totally different types of vehicle obviously, I guess I'm just not used to all the 2013-ness of the Shelby :D

oh yea you got problems my friend :lol1:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I have this problem. I've had my '99 for awhile now, and it's never been fast. However, I've never really thought a 13 second car was slow until now.

It's painful watching the tach struggle all the way up to 5800 rpms while the speedometer does the same thing on it's way up to 50ish where second gear ends.

I CAN however understand why people say sometimes a slower car that you can really really romp on and stay within reason can be more fun than one that puts you in felony territory after 10 seconds.

farmboy90

Established Member
I've got everyone here beat. I jump out of my 2013 Cobra and into my 2007 Civic Hybrid.

Now _that_ is some mother f'ing shock. Leaves one speechless in fact.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I've got everyone here beat. I jump out of my 2013 Cobra and into my 2007 Civic Hybrid.

Now _that_ is some mother f'ing shock. Leaves one speechless in fact.

I see you are offsetting the Shelby with the hybrid? Lol

91svtbird

Established Member
I loved driving my Lightning too...until I got my 07GT500, Now I will feel the same about my 07GT500 when I get the 13'.....:rockon:

Para81

Established Member
My Shelby ruined 2 separate test drives of Porsches. One was a 993 and it was all straight line testing, the second drive was a 997 on the highway and I was bored.

It wasn't until my third test of a 997 on some back twisties that I "understood" the car and had to have one.

600+hp Shelby's ruin everything lol.

Last edited:

mullens

Established Member

Different by 1000 lbs...

mike69440

Established Member
L is a fast "truck"

A few years ago I had a ride in a mid 500 HP L on a ride to a Dyno in Nashua NH. (Built motor, tweaked Heaton) Auto would hit preety hard and it was fast, maybe mot soil your pants fast, but hard to believe you think your L is not a beast.

I do need a ride in a 13 for perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread