The secret.

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Hey have any of you guy's seen or heard anything about the secret/law of attraction? Just watched a show on it yesterday. Never heard of it before. I know SVTP has a number of opinions and history buffs. It said that the great leaders throughout history used this to get want they wanted.

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
I beleive in the philosophy and it makes sense. I try to be positive and not dwell on all the ****ed up shit around me. My girl really believes in it and I call her a witch cuz she makes shit happen all the time.

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Have the book....somewhere around the house. Read maybe 20 pages. I dunno if I believe that ideology. I'm sure it can't hurt right?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's simply believing in the power of positive thinking. There are a lot of people exploiting this "secret" through their books and videos. People buy into it with the hope that they will be able to "think" their lives to success. If this were true, we'd all be millionaires through the power of our positive thoughts like "I have a million dollars", vs. saying "I wish I had a million dollars". Or our unemployment rate would be lower as people positively believing they have a job got jobs. This is really the root of what proponents believe. There are occasional instances of people's lives changing through their positive thinking, but even those could be mostly coincidences. I do believe that positive thinking people will take more advantage of "doors of opportunity" that negatively thinking people might bypass.

Hey, I'm all for thinking positively. It does have an affect on you overall. You can either see the glass half full, or half empty. In reality and physically, it's the same either way but the person's thinking/perception is different. But you'll be a happier person overall if your thoughts are more positive than negative. JMO.

The Secret Law of Attraction - The Ultimate Law Of Attraction Website

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_attraction]Law of attraction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
"The Secret". BWAHAHAHAhahahaha. That crap is proof of the sheeple and the dumbing down of the human race. Everything in that stupid program has been around since the stone age and some bitch gathers it up and sells it as new snake oil and idiots pay her for shit they can get for free
Sent from my phone whilst taking a massive

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
I don't believe in anything supernatural. But like others have said, being positive or at least acting like your positive will lead to a better lifestyle.

mysterio

Established Member
It's simply believing in the power of positive thinking. There are a lot of people exploiting this "secret" through their books and videos. People buy into it with the hope that they will be able to "think" their lives to success. If this were true, we'd all be millionaires through the power of our positive thoughts like "I have a million dollars", vs. saying "I wish I had a million dollars". Or our unemployment rate would be lower as people positively believing they have a job got jobs. This is really the root of what proponents believe. There are occasional instances of people's lives changing through their positive thinking, but even those could be mostly coincidences. I do believe that positive thinking people will take more advantage of "doors of opportunity" that negatively thinking people might bypass.

Hey, I'm all for thinking positively. It does have an affect on you overall. You can either see the glass half full, or half empty. In reality and physically, it's the same either way but the person's thinking/perception is different. But you'll be a happier person overall if your thoughts are more positive than negative. JMO.

The Secret Law of Attraction - The Ultimate Law Of Attraction Website

Law of attraction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bob, I once saw a Yugo with a trailer hitch on it. Now that was one positive and optimistic sonofabitch!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I don't believe in anything supernatural. But like others have said, being positive or at least acting like your positive will lead to a better lifestyle.

This.

Nobody likes a Debbie Downer or a Negative Nancy....

Having a positive outlook on things can give you the strength, power and confidence to make shit happen, but you gotta believe it, not just be acting like you do.

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Well after watching this show I am going to try to (will) myself more hair, larger junk, a raise, and my wife to like girls. I will keep you guy's up to speed if anything happens, lol.

1hot281

Established Member
If you're interested in The Secret... read The Self-Aware Universe by Amit Goswami.

Those of you who are taking physics and quantum mechanics classes might know his name, as he is the author of the Quantum Mechanics text book used in a lot of schools for seniors and 1st year graduate students.

Basically, he is a self described "quantum activist" and a huge proponent of Quantum Non-Locality, which over the past 40 some odd years has produced plenty of supporting experimental evidence. In his view, and through testing, he believes that human consciousness pervades the physical universe, and experiments have shown that through intention, that events and separate people can become interconnected, influenced, and can communicate "non-locally", that is; without exchanging signals of any kind through space-time.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s42mrdhKwRA"]Amit Goswami, Quantum Physics & Consciousness 1 of 3 - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D98KWJ-1geI&feature=like-suggest&list=UL"]Amit Goswami, Quantum Physics & Consciousness 2 of 3 - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7LlTfNKVtU&feature=related"]Amit Goswami, Quantum Physics & Consciousness 3 of 3 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
he believes that human consciousness pervades the physical universe and separate people can communicate "non-locally", that is; without exchanging signals of any kind through space-time.

I believe my wife and I demenstrate this all the time. We will be sitting there in the evening, not saying anything or looking at each other, and she will suddenly turn to me and say, "fine, get out of here and go take your Cobra for a ride". :-D

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
If you're interested in The Secret... read The Self-Aware Universe by Amit Goswami.

Those of you who are taking physics and quantum mechanics classes might know his name, as he is the author of the Quantum Mechanics text book used in a lot of schools for seniors and 1st year graduate students.

Basically, he is a self described "quantum activist" and a huge proponent of Quantum Non-Locality, which over the past 40 some odd years has produced plenty of supporting experimental evidence. In his view, and through testing, he believes that human consciousness pervades the physical universe, and experiments have shown that through intention, that events and separate people can become interconnected, influenced, and can communicate "non-locally", that is; without exchanging signals of any kind through space-time.

Amit Goswami, Quantum Physics & Consciousness 1 of 3 - YouTube

Amit Goswami, Quantum Physics & Consciousness 2 of 3 - YouTube

Amit Goswami, Quantum Physics & Consciousness 3 of 3 - YouTube

Just another nut in the snickers bar of life.

CBrowning84

Established Member
yesterday for lunch I thought really really positive about a cheeseburger and then I went out and got one. It really does work!

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
"The Secret". BWAHAHAHAhahahaha. That crap is proof of the sheeple and the dumbing down of the human race. Everything in that stupid program has been around since the stone age and some bitch gathers it up and sells it as new snake oil and idiots pay her for shit they can get for free

Exactly.

HoustonGT

Established Member

Amit Goswami, Quantum Physics & Consciousness 1 of 3 - YouTube

Amit Goswami, Quantum Physics & Consciousness 2 of 3 - YouTube

Amit Goswami, Quantum Physics & Consciousness 3 of 3 - YouTube

I watched 4 minutes of the first video....my brain exploded

There certainly is something to this. But the foundation for this "Law of Attraction" has been ripped off from another source and mixed with some things.

1hot281

Established Member
A similarly intriguing concept is show in the movie "what the bleep do we know?!"

Dr. Amit Goswami is one of the 5 featured physicists in that movie. Also explores some great ideas by many great minds across a number of fields of study.

Users who are viewing this thread