The Search Continues

werewoulf3

The Land of Hillbillys
Established Member
Why in the hell is it so hard to find a cobra.......my cap is 17k......i cant seem to find one that is good......should i just bite the bullet and buy a termi with semi high miles? or hold out for a killer 96-98?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Keep saving. Your cap is pretty low for a good terminator. Theyre out there but youll be waiting and need to check ads diligently to be first to respond.

Thrre was a redfire vert in my town with 55k on it for $17.5.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Keep looking. My friend sold his 03 Vert Cobra 10th anniversary for 18k with only 40k miles. He had bought it 2 years before for 14.5k with 25k miles, guy needed money badly though.
You will find one soon, patience is the key.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
A guy in south florida bought a high mileage Termi for 12k around a year ago. Still had that stock clutch, so it obviously wasnt beat on

werewoulf3

The Land of Hillbillys
Established Member
well im on here, corral, and thats about the only sites i check.....any suggestions

im willing to go across the US and up as far as NY and Michigan

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Keep looking...

I sold my SB Coupe in 2009 for 15.5k, and it had 80k miles. It was in pretty good shape with no major issues, so dont be afraid of a few miles if the car is in good condition. They are 10 year old mustangs now...

Sp3edD3m0n

Established Member
I bought mine for 13.5k and is in decent condition with 77k miles.

I rather pay less for the car that needs a thing or two so I can dump money into it and get it how I want it than pay the premium price for something in mint condition.

werewoulf3

The Land of Hillbillys
Established Member
Keep looking...

I sold my SB Coupe in 2009 for 15.5k, and it had 80k miles. It was in pretty good shape with no major issues, so dont be afraid of a few miles if the car is in good condition. They are 10 year old mustangs now...

I bought mine for 13.5k and is in decent condition with 77k miles.

I rather pay less for the car that needs a thing or two so I can dump money into it and get it how I want it than pay the premium price for something in mint condition.

good points......ill keep my eyes open more

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know their stuff is more than your cap, but Hi-End Auto always has a good number of Terminators in stock. You can check their inventory online. They have one with 70525 miles for $19,999.00, one with 54,550 miles for $20,999.00, one with 30,643 miles for $21,499.00, and one with 53,780 for $19,499.00. Other than that, follow the advice others gave but most importantly, be patient and keep looking. And keep putting money aside. That might allow you to buy a Terminator above your present cap, with lower miles. Sometimes a higher mileage (ie. highway miles) Terminator is in better overall shape than a lower mileage Terminator that is modded and has been driven hard. I wish you the best.

Here is some info from my Terminator FAQs that gives you tips when buying a used Terminator.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
theyre out there. a few grand more and you can snag something really nice.

i sold my 10th anni vert with less than 50k on it for $17k, 3 years ago.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Why in the hell is it so hard to find a cobra.......my cap is 17k......i cant seem to find one that is good......should i just bite the bullet and buy a termi with semi high miles? or hold out for a killer 96-98?
I would not buy a termi. Termi just screams "I am gay and puff peters".

Now if you bought a TERMINATOR that is a different story. But a Terminator for that price is going to be very high mileage or have some other issues.

either way good luck on your search. if you are patient you can prolly get what you want and in the meantime save up some more bucks.

werewoulf3

The Land of Hillbillys
Established Member
well my main focus is on the 96-98 cobras because i love that body style, and looking for some nice mods with it too, mainly a new block, forged internals and a blower or turbo

omj

Established Member
If you find yourself interested in a 99 Cobra, let me know. I'm going to sell and get a GT500 but I've not been really trying to sell. If it goes on long enough, I'll have the cash to keep my 99 and get the big dog too.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Like I said above, be patient and put more money aside each month during your quest. Eventually you'll find the right car, be it a Terminator or '96 - '98 Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread