1745-resized.jpg

6-20-09.jpg

scan-5.jpg

scan-6.jpg

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
it looks lighter...

i took ~ 350 lbs of weight out of the car before this new build prior to my last trip to the drag strip in December of 2011 when i ran a 11.18 @ 122 mph with a 4,017 corrected density Altitude. my local track resides at 3,075 feet above sea level. but the Turbo 400 trans and the Strange 12 bolt rear end added some weight back in.

for this new build since we took the old motor out we have taken another ~150 lbs of weight out of the car but the 6 point Wolf Roll bar is gonna add 65 lbs of weight back in. the new 600 Horsepower 402 ci race motor that is goin in will weigh more or less the same.

here are some pix of some of the weight we have taken out with this new build :thumbsup:

630cf81b-b3d0-441f-a541-c65ee7deb192_zps914ebee6.jpg

rw-3_zpsceb734e6.jpg

rw-16_zpsd63f4236.jpg

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Nice!!! 9's soon! Any spray or anything?

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Nice!!! 9's soon!

i predict a wheels up 10.60 @ 125 mph on the motor off a transbrake with a 4,000 stall converter at my local track with the same 4,017 DA :rockon: the 100 shot of nitrous will come on after the sixty foot mark and should get me to a 10.00 @ 131 mph :coolman: this should more or less correct to a 9.60 @ 135 mph at sea level :thumbsup: so mid 9's at sea level, yes.... and with a BIG tailwind blowin me down the track on a cool day at my local track maybe a HIGH 9 could be squeezed out :beer:

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
i predict a wheels up 10.60 @ 127 mph on the motor off a transbrake with a 4,000 stall converter at my local track with the same 4,017 DA :rockon: the 100 shot of nitrous will come on after the sixty foot mark and should get me to a 10.00 @ 131 mph :coolman: this would more or less correct to a 9.65 @ 135 mph at sea level :thumbsup: so 9's at sea level, yes :beer:

Simple and badass street car!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Give me that Datsun instead!

that was my first race car that i ever built way back in 1989 when i bought it :thumbsup: it is a 1971 240-Z with all 280-ZX and race parts such as the motor, trans and rear end :coolman: it weighs 2,400 lbs with it's 10 point road race roll cage....

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome Camaro! Nice weight savings, Freddie. Best of luck with your new time-slips. And, Yeah, that Datsun Z is really nice.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
so here is a pic of the new motor on the engine stand :coolman: the old motor is the one on the other engine stand in the garbage bag :lol:

lol, it is not blown, so i am gonna take the entire top end from the old motor including the cam and valvetrain and bolt it onto the short block of the LS6 motor that resides in my C5 Z06. the old motor has AFR 205 cc heads and a comp cams hydraulic roller cam, etc. this will make 500 crank Horsepower in the vette. the old motors top end only has 6,000 miles on it....

rw-13_zpsce92c020.jpg

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
so here is a pic of the new BMR K-member with the lower A-arms attached to it :-D this K-member with the upper and lower A-arms attached to it is 42 lbs lighter than the stock K-member and A-arms. the power steering cooler will be taken off in order to take more weight off the front of the car too.

all of the 150 lbs of weight that i have taken out of the car with this new build has been off the front of the car :coolman:

rw-5_zps949f29a4.jpg

Last edited:

NitrousExpress

Established Member
so here is a pic of the new motor on the engine stand :coolman: the old motor is the one on the other engine stand in the garbage bag :lol:

lol, it is not blown, so i am gonna take the entire top end from the old motor including the cam and valvetrain and bolt it onto the short block of the LS6 motor that resides in my C5 Z06. the old motor has AFR 205 cc heads and a comp cams hydraulic roller cam, etc. this will make 500 crank Horsepower in the vette. the old motors top end only has 6,000 miles on it....

rw-13_zpsce92c020.jpg

Nice.
-Garrett

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Nice build, will be a fun car. Even more badass that despite having the money to pay someone else, you do most of the work on your cars.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
so here is a pic of the new BMR K-member with the lower A-arms attached to it :-D this K-member with the upper and lower A-arms attached to it is 42 lbs lighter than the stock K-member and A-arms. the power steering cooler will be taken off in order to take more weight off the front of the car too.

all of the 150 lbs of weight that i have taken out of the car with this new build has been off the front of the car :coolman:

rw-5_zps949f29a4.jpg

I have the same k-member in mine with tubular lower A-Arms...mine is a bit older, glad to see BMR building better/beefier shock perches on the arms now, mine partially collapsed...FYI rack doctor makes a nice manual rack & pinion from an OEM rack, reasonably priced and you can completely ditch the power steering, was tired of mine shitting all the alternator.

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Nice build, will be a fun car. Even more badass that despite having the money to pay someone else, you do most of the work on your cars.

i can't take all of the credit for this. while i picked which parts to buy for this build and had most all of them prior to the tear down; my friend Jeff and his partner Chris are doing most of the work. i will post of a pic of them with the new motor in the car soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread