The Resurrection of "The ACCUSER"

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
LOL

I've had some time to think of how to present the fact this car is back up and running again. It has been a long journey that I hope no one ever follows. It has cost me so much in time, energy and money to fix what should have never happened that to me it truly is a resurrection. To many this car was long gone and would be a barn find fifty years in the future with a sad story behind her life. Along with the thought that I or she would never be heard from or seen again together with a vibrantly beating heart in her engine bay.

You make me chuckle with the comment....."I know the book of Job better than I want" life has an interesting way of testing you from my experiences. I find if anything is going to go wrong... I'll be the one it goes wrong with, especially when it comes to anything mechanical. But with that said I gain knowledge that others don't usually have because of that experience. Is that a blessing or a curse. Which did Job actual have? What was his rewards in the end?

Unfortunately the thread of the build and failure of the first engine were deleted. With the wrath I endured during the time that lead up to the deletion of the thread, I'm afraid to say anything about it now. The ones that read it will understand exactly what I'm talking about, the newcomers won't.

I will be posting some information about how this build went and the mods to achieve the power "The ACCUSER" is producing. Some of those mods are a little unconventional, some have been done by a very small group willing to endure the costs to perform them. If I had another $50K to sink into the car.......you guys would really think I was nuts with what I truly would like to do next LOL. I think my wife would pull out one of my other toys and shoot me though
I'm looking forward to learning more.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The car has a KB 4.2 with a 168mm mono-blade TB. The SC is being driven at the slowest possible pulley combination available. I'm running a ATI Super Damper in the stock diameter of 7.5" with a 4" upper pulley on the SC. Max boost on the run in the video was 20.2 psi, Bill stated his dyno may read slightly high or low from that number by 0.2 psi. We turned the engine to 7400 RPM for a SC RPM of 13,875. This is very slow and leaves a lot of room with a upper pulley change to reach for the stars and barroom bragging rites LOL.

I'll get some better pictures up, once the car is clean and road ready. It needs a front end alignment bad after the K-member and suspension changes it went through
So you're still leaving a lot of power on the table. Are you thinking about doing any 1/2 mile events or run the mile with the car?

Breitling

Established Member
Congrats on getting the ACCUSER built and better than ever. I hope you have many years of fun with the car, you deserve it!

Bad Company

Established Member
So you're still leaving a lot of power on the table. Are you thinking about doing any 1/2 mile events or run the mile with the car?
Yes...... there is a lot more power and a little more RPM left in her. We tuned the engine on both 93 pump gas and VP Racing C85, the C85 is a racing blend of ethanol and racing gas with a slightly higher octane rating. I also had Bill write a pump E85 tune for the car based off of the C85 tune with the difference being 3 degrees less timing. Timing was set at 18 degrees for the pump E85 tune which is very conservative. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the dyno screen for this pull, it produced more than a 1000 hp but I can't remember the exact number.

I bought this car with the intent to go to the Texas Mile. I knew the stock car was going to have a very hard time reaching the 199.9 mph goal I set. The reason for the 199.9 mph goal was with my back being so stiff I didn't want to install a roll bar to exceed the 200 mph mark and having a lot of trouble getting in and out of the car for street driving. So I contracted Evo to build a motor who at the time was using L & M Engines as their source for engines to build a street-able 1000 Hp bullet to go under the hood. That engine didn't last long enough to be fully broken in.....lasted long enough to not break on the dyno during tuning though. My goals after that was to prove with the right parts and people that an engine could be built to produce the 1000 Hp or more Hp with ease and could survive on the street for a long time. I also still wanted to go to the mile. As I stated earlier this took 3 years and 8 months to accomplish with the research and people I used to do this. In that time my wife's health has deteriorated drastically. She can no longer work and simple chores like going grocery shopping are very taxing for her. She has told me she doesn't want me to race the car. Her reasoning is if something happens to me where I need a helping hand, she can't provide it, plus if her health gets worse, which it will that I won't be able to help her. This is a subject that has only come up as the car was nearing the finish of the build in the last 3 months between us. Do I be selfish and go knowing the stress and anxiety this would create while at the event? Stress and anxiety with her heart condition only exacerbates the problem. So at this time I don't know what I'm going to do with the car besides drive it.

Bad Company

Established Member
Now for a few more details.

Pump 93 tune achieved how much power with engine RPM limited to 6800?

Wait for it

IMG_2007.jpg

Yes that is the 93 octane pump gas tune. Timing is set at 15 degrees and by limiting the engine RPM the SC was only producing 19 psi of boost. The engine didn't exhibit any spark knock at this power level and boost on 93 octane pump gas with the timing set so low. Bill didn't want the engine to produce more than 925-930 Hp, but as you can see........it did. He was amazed by how this engine produced Hp with no timing in the tune.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Yes...... there is a lot more power and a little more RPM left in her. We tuned the engine on both 93 pump gas and VP Racing C85, the C85 is a racing blend of ethanol and racing gas with a slightly higher octane rating. I also had Bill write a pump E85 tune for the car based off of the C85 tune with the difference being 3 degrees less timing. Timing was set at 18 degrees for the pump E85 tune which is very conservative. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the dyno screen for this pull, it produced more than a 1000 hp but I can't remember the exact number.

I bought this car with the intent to go to the Texas Mile. I knew the stock car was going to have a very hard time reaching the 199.9 mph goal I set. The reason for the 199.9 mph goal was with my back being so stiff I didn't want to install a roll bar to exceed the 200 mph mark and having a lot of trouble getting in and out of the car for street driving. So I contracted Evo to build a motor who at the time was using L & M Engines as their source for engines to build a street-able 1000 Hp bullet to go under the hood. That engine didn't last long enough to be fully broken in.....lasted long enough to not break on the dyno during tuning though. My goals after that was to prove with the right parts and people that an engine could be built to produce the 1000 Hp or more Hp with ease and could survive on the street for a long time. I also still wanted to go to the mile. As I stated earlier this took 3 years and 8 months to accomplish with the research and people I used to do this. In that time my wife's health has deteriorated drastically. She can no longer work and simple chores like going grocery shopping are very taxing for her. She has told me she doesn't want me to race the car. Her reasoning is if something happens to me where I need a helping hand, she can't provide it, plus if her health gets worse, which it will that I won't be able to help her. This is a subject that has only come up as the car was nearing the finish of the build in the last 3 months between us. Do I be selfish and go knowing the stress and anxiety this would create while at the event? Stress and anxiety with her heart condition only exacerbates the problem. So at this time I don't know what I'm going to do with the car besides drive it.
I'm really sorry to hear about your wife's health. I would rationally speak with her about the Texas Mile. Let her know about all of the safety precautions required. Assure her that you have built a safe car.

If your wife is adamant about you not racing due to a serious heart condition in her behalf, I would respect her wishes. I promise that family is more important than a 200mph ride.

Bad Company

Established Member
What is in the engine you ask.........lets us see if I can recall. LOL

This is a 2013/14 5.8L block that had to be sleeved to repair the cylinder walls from the engine failure. It is now a 5.7L engine as the sleeves used required a slightly smaller bore diameter to not compromise the block integrity. Who says you lose Hp by having less CI Displacement? LOL

Crankshaft is a Winberg billet crank with a different design on the counterweights. This engine is bolted in the car with BMR engine mounts and a Blowfish Racing shifter/transmission mount. It is all sitting on polyurethane bushings that are small and stiff compared to the stock mounts. Now you'da thunk this would vibrate your arse right out of the car. Don't ask me what or how this crank is set up with the counterweight differences, because I don't know. What I do know is that this engine is so smooth that it feels like it is still on the stock hydro motor mounts. It is double keyed. The ATI Damper has a custom hub that is manufactured from a much stronger piece of steel to keep from cracking or breaking while turning a bigger blower at fast RPM. The flywheel and clutch assembly is a triple disc ACE Racing Clutches product that needed zero break-in before putting 1100 Hp through it. This clutch reduced rotating mass by 21 lbs, I also went with BPS billet pulleys with ceramic bearing on the front of the engine to reduce another 2 lbs of rotating mass off of the engine.........the verdict is out on this weight reductions until further seat time in the car. The short amount of time I did drive it this reduction in rotating mass was causing me issues with pulling off from a stop. Unfortunately my driving style from driving trucks is carrying over in this car. In a tractor trailer you never feed throttle in as you engage the clutch to move. The proper way to engage the clutch in a truck is by letting out slowly with the engine at idle, if you can't move without stalling the engine, you go to a lower gear. Unfortunately these cars are geared fast in first gear and the rear axle and require foot feed of the throttle in the first place. Add the weight reductions of done and this exacerbates the problem. I need to get used to it all over again, because this was a problem I was having since I bought the car in 2012.

Tony used Ross Pistons built to his specifications. I did have him ceramic coat the crown and Micro Blue the skirts. Compression ration came out to 9.62:1 between the cylinder head combustion chamber and head gasket thickness. This engine isn't using high compression and stuck using racing gas or ethanol to build Hp, this is a street-able compression ratio.

Rods are the Heavy Duty Manley H-Beams, not the light weight H-Beams that ended up in the engine on the first build.

Cylinder heads were originally done by Tom Slawko of Slawko Racing Head Service. Tony told me that Tom does great work and to purchase a replacement head for the one that was damaged and have Tom match his original CNC porting work performed earlier. now once Tony had two good cylinder heads in his possession he did a modification to them that John Mihovetz of Accufab Racing told me to do.

Which was?

Install larger intake and exhaust valves. I'm not going to say how much larger on an open forum because the increase is larger than what others are doing presently. I don't want to give my adversaries too much information LOL. All I can say is this wasn't a cheap option......damn..... custom valves are expensive LOL

Now lets talk about camshafts.........L & M put a radical camshaft profile in the first engine. In fact they were so radical the had two counterweights cast into the shafts to combat valve spring harmonics. The lift on the intake was .575", the lift on the exhaust was .566". This caused extreme valve spring issues for a street driven car with aluminum heads that grow a few thousands between the valve seat and the valve spring seat which closes the spring installed height as the heads grow and the car is driven for a long distance and period of time compared to a 1/4 mile drag car. Tony designed a much lower lift camshaft profile of .500" intake and .545" on the exhaust. I wanted the Hp at high RPM because these engines love RPM and do respond to it well with nice Hp gains, so Tony gave me a set of cams that are still producing Hp at the 7400 RPM if you look at the earlier picture I posted. Bill didn't want to turn a new motor any harder no matter how hard I tried to convince him too LOL. I don't think the engine will nose over on power for at least another 3-400 rpm. Bill told me to bring the car back after 6 months if I really wanted to see where the power dropped off with a smaller pulley on the blower. Bill felt that 1300 Hp would be easy to achieve with how the engine responded to each tune revision and a largest pulley available for a 4.2L. The camshaft followers are Jesel's custom roller cam followers for a slight reduction in friction in the valve train system

Timing chain system consists of the larger Ford GT 10mm primary timing chains with Cloyes sprockets. The secondary sprockets are Cloyes with Accufab Racing HD chains. I also installed both the right and left HD secondary timing chain tensioners from Accufab. The primary timing chain tensioners are Ford's but a different version used in the cars which are steel and have the ratcheting safety rod to maintain tension on the chain versus the Ford GT plastic ones. I also installed an Accufab billet steel reluctor wheel for the crankshaft timing sensor. This may also be why the engine isn't producing as much harmonics. This wheel doesn't vibrate compared to the stock stamped steel wheel, so the crank sensor sends a much cleaner signal to the PCM, which intern fires the plugs in a much more accurate fashion for each rotation of the engine. The timing components, crankshaft, camshafts, and pistons went to Micro Blue Racing for coating to produce a reduction in friction.

The oil pump was supplied by JDM Engineering. It was a Ford Racing unit which is the stock 13/14 pump with the billet steel back plate. It was modified with an O-ring pump to block mating surface to stop internal oil leakage at this area. It also has a set of TSS billet gears in it. Today Accufab offers a gear set that I think I'd use instead, but these have a great rep so they're there to stay.

I'll get some picture up of the intake manifold mods and description shortly, with that I'll have to get into a lot of detail about the intercooler mods and how the system flows a lot of coolant to keep IAT2 low. In fact so low on a back to back run on 93 with 18 psi of boost IAT2 went to 98*F on the second pull with no fans being used to cooling things down.

Last edited:

Bad Company

Established Member
I'm really sorry to hear about your wife's health. I would rationally speak with her about the Texas Mile. Let her know about all of the safety precautions required. Assure her that you have built a safe car.

If your wife is adamant about you not racing due to a serious heart condition in her behalf, I would respect her wishes. I promise that family is more important than a 200mph ride.

Thanks

At this point I'm going to let her think about it for a while........but she is being more adamant on this topic then she has ever been with anything I've wanted to do in the past and I've done some very risky things in the name of recreation without her saying a word about it.......she is scared and I understand why. She had an event last year that is extremely rare to survive......in fact so rare to survive that a lot cardiac doctors in the hospital she was at came in to talk with her and go over her records to learn from her that were NOT involved with her course of treatment.

In a year or so maybe she'll allow me to go wild again. I know she won't even ride in the car with me now, given enough time I'm hoping she relaxes on this subject, but I'm not badgering her about it either

Dinosgt

Established Member

This ^^. You can still have some fun with it but keep your wife comfortable and happy. Just make sure you have decent rubber as these things spend most of their time trying to kill you at elevated speeds. Part of their allure know...

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Cman01

hello
Established Member
She is only looking out for you in case of a worse case scenario, since she is not well and the chance that you racing your car could result in serious injury/death should something bad happen (it only takes a split second) she wants you around for the long haul since unfortunately it sounds like she might not be (I am sorry about that and hope things will get better for her).

You built a killer Shelby, according to you it's built to last and you will have time to enjoy it later.....................family is first.

Tony

Bad Company

Established Member
Here are a few pictures to get your attention.

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

Trunk tank with anti-freeze, no ice water for this baby........with built in battery mount

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

Now I needed to relocate the idler bracket for the accessory drive belt for additional clearance for the two lines exiting the intercooler and going to the heat exchanger.

How does 3D printed aluminum look???

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

Bad Company

Established Member
You may ask yourselves this one......if the two lines at the front of the intercooler are the exit hoses, where does the coolant enter the intercooler?

Why does the tank have two -16 hoses for a supply and return, yet the two hose at the front of the intercooler are 2 -12 hoses?

I'll get around to showing those mods too

Bad Company

Established Member
She is only looking out for you in case of a worse case scenario, since she is not well and the chance that you racing your car could result in serious injury/death should something bad happen (it only takes a split second) she wants you around for the long haul since unfortunately it sounds like she might not be (I am sorry about that and hope things will get better for her).

You built a killer Shelby, according to you it's built to last and you will have time to enjoy it later.....................family is first.

Tony
I understand her reasoning, she got very anxious when I headed out of the driveway with it today. She knows what it is like to feel your own mortality trying to escape from you. What she went through has effected her perspective on life and how easily death can reach out to touch you. To have gone through what she did in as short of a time......... plays with your head a LOT!!!!!

Thanks.....the car is a top speed gorilla for sure and I'll enjoy it. I'm enjoying the fact it is back in my garage instead of a shed or barn stored away. It needs a complete detail job, along with a few things to finish that will keep me occupied for a little while anyway. Plus I already have a few ideas of some additional mods I want to perform in the near and distant future

Bad Company

Established Member
This ^^. You can still have some fun with it but keep your wife comfortable and happy. Just make sure you have decent rubber as these things spend most of their time trying to kill you at elevated speeds. Part of their allure know...

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
LOL

Yes the allure in dangerous activities is addicting. I'll keep the shiny side up for sure

Keeping the wife happy isn't a problem. I did go out and buy her a new car recently as a present.......I think she deserved it, but I don't tell her that LOL....... it will make her head swell LOL

Bad Company

Established Member
Umgowa! Congrats, BC. What's next?

The next thing will be a belly pan from the rear front tires to the front of the rear tires coming in from the rocker panel to within an inch or so of the exhaust pipes.

If I truly had some extra funds to throw at it the next mods would be a lever shifted sequential gearbox conversion of the TR6060 with a MoTec system for the engine to facilitate super fast shifts. I'm not building big torque with the engine because of the SC mass, but as soon as I pulley for much faster SC speeds, the torque will jump very quickly. Once that happens I don't think a stock TR6060 is going to hold up for long. I also like the gear splits of the conversion. It is really set up for an engine that likes high rpm. The splits would allow for 7500 RPM shifts that would put the engine right back at peak torque. This is what I want to do, but they may take a few years to do LOL. The wife wants to move out of the DC suburbs and return to the Shenandoah Valley where we grew up. I found a farm I like........I like it a lot.......I just don't like the price of it LOL

If I keep the car for the duration.....I wouldn't put it past me to do all of the above mods at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread