The Resurrection of "The ACCUSER"

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Don't say that to my wife........she might just take you up on it. LOL
I will drive it for you at the Texas mile.

My last mile run was at Maxton. I'm one of the idiots on two wheels. I only ran 211mph.

It's amazing how much power it takes to hit and pass 200mph. I was running consistent 7 sec 1/4 times at 175mph. It took another 3/4 of a mile to gain 36mph. Wind resistance is impressive.

I miss my bikes.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Poisonous West

Established Member
To use the term "unconventional modifications" absolutely fit in your case.

The way you have the intake system isolated from heat transfer thru conduction and the way the intercooling system modifications. Down to the exhaust header SS321 heat shield. Those are some amazing pieces.

From the pictures you posted, I don't see the EGR valve attached to the KB aluminum adaptor block. Are you deleting the EGR valve?

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Tony rebuilt my engine. Top notch builder! Glad your car is finally right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@Bad Company, holy crap that is one hell of a re-build. Those numbers are beyond great. You've got to be SO happy with how it turned out. Awesome in so many ways. The only change I would have made is the name you attached, The Accuser. I would have named it The Punisher! :cool:

Bad Company

Established Member
I will drive it for you at the Texas mile.

My last mile run was at Maxton. I'm one of the idiots on two wheels. I only ran 211mph.

It's amazing how much power it takes to hit and pass 200mph. I was running consistent 7 sec 1/4 times at 175mph. It took another 3/4 of a mile to gain 36mph. Wind resistance is impressive.

I miss my bikes.

I've thought about putting a hot shoe in it to see what the car will do, but the wife out the foot down on that too. Because of the funds invested in the car she doesn't want anyone but me to drive the car........she doesn't want to have the potential to lose a lot of money by someone other than myself, if the car gets out of shape and involved in an accident regardless of how rare that happens at these events.

Yeah the wind resistance is a bitch and it all that you fight to gain the speed to put a smile on your face

Bad Company

Established Member
Tony rebuilt my engine. Top notch builder! Glad your car is finally right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only two people I'd trust to put on of these engines together for big power is Tony or John, both of which are always busy and take time to get in the line of others to complete a project.

I'm glad to have the car back myself, now all I have to do is drive it to get used to it again LOL

Bad Company

Established Member
To use the term "unconventional modifications" absolutely fit in your case.

The way you have the intake system isolated from heat transfer thru conduction and the way the intercooling system modifications. Down to the exhaust header SS321 heat shield. Those are some amazing pieces.

From the pictures you posted, I don't see the EGR valve attached to the KB aluminum adaptor block. Are you deleting the EGR valve?
What is an EGR valve? Where does it go? Why do I need one?

Yes it no longer exists, along with a PVC system that allows oil to contaminate the intercooler or a few of those other goodies that are mandated, by the need to breath clean air. I've got pump E85 close to me which will keep the exhaust cleaner then it would be otherwise. Unfortunately in this area lately, the state has contracted with an outside company to have mobile roadside emission monitoring locations that you drive through. I've noticed if you follow the car in front of you or even better yet a tractor trailer closely they can't get a reading on your car. If I do move to the Shenandoah Valley again the emission inspections aren't required. If it gets bad enough in this state I have a friend that lives in another that I doubt will ever require it and the car will get registered there

The EGR valve does increase fuel mileage in cruising conditions, but this car will never get good fuel mileage, so the slight lose in MPG versus the gains in cooler IAT2 during those times the valve would be functioning is worth it in my opinion. I removed the valve, but I didn't remove the electronic SIP portion of the valve, so the PCM is easy to tune for the lose of the valve.

Last edited:

Bad Company

Established Member
@Bad Company, holy crap that is one hell of a re-build. Those numbers are beyond great. You've got to be SO happy with how it turned out. Awesome in so many ways. The only change I would have made is the name you attached, The Accuser. I would have named it The Punisher! :cool:
LOL

The Punisher wouldn't fit on a license plate, the word ACCUSER does.

Yes so far I'm happy with the results in power, unfortunately I'm a junkie and I'm afraid I'll want more in the future, fortunately that only requires a pulley change for now. The big thing I'd like to do and it has been on my mind for the next mod for over a year now is a MoTec system to be able to set the engine up for complete flex fuel capabilities so I never have to worry about the percentage of ethanol in the fuel tank or having to swap tunes from 93 gasoline to E85. Doing this would allow me to drive anywhere at anytime without worrying about running the fuel tank as low as possible before switching tunes and fuels.

Bad Company

Established Member
I also decided that eventhough I'm not a fan of doing modifications to the interior of a car that I needed gauges to monitor the monster under the hood.

Here we have a Ethanol percentage gauge, a fuel pressure gauge and depending on how it is programmed a Lambda/AFR Ratio gauge

IMG_1881.jpg

On the pillar I have a boost, oil pressure and coolant temperature gauge set up.

IMG_1880.jpg

In the cup holder I had Speed of Sound make me a custom switch panel for Line Lock, HE Fans, Intercooler pump and the AUX is for the electric solenoid to shut the boost signal off from the exhaust system wastegates.

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
The only two people I'd trust to put on of these engines together for big power is Tony or John, both of which are always busy and take time to get in the line of others to complete a project.

I'm glad to have the car back myself, now all I have to do is drive it to get used to it again LOL
Yep, took over a year for me to get my engine back. Well worth it though.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, beautiful car, above awesome rebuild! Glad you made it through the rough shit, and now you have an amazing car with ridiculous attention to detail. You give me inspiration to finish up my car I just wish I had your level of OCD in my build. As I am in horsepower rehab myself I will work on the details after I am up and running.
Beautiful toy, enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I've thought about putting a hot shoe in it to see what the car will do, but the wife out the foot down on that too. Because of the funds invested in the car she doesn't want anyone but me to drive the car........she doesn't want to have the potential to lose a lot of money by someone other than myself, if the car gets out of shape and involved in an accident regardless of how rare that happens at these events.

Yeah the wind resistance is a bitch and it all that you fight to gain the speed to put a smile on your face
All completely understood. My wife is the same way. If it's my toy, no on is allowed to break it except us. Haha

I really want to see this car reach the 200mph mark. Hitting that speed on a bike is easy compared to a car. There is a lot to account for in regard to aerodynamics, proper down force, etc. On a bike I just had to slightly adjust my body to account for any issues felt. With a four wheeled beast you have to have a good memory and collect data to make changed before the next run. If something goes stupid, moving your butt to a different position isn't going to do anything.

The pucker factor may vacuum the front seat into your intestines, but that's the only change you will make.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
What is an EGR valve? Where does it go? Why do I need one?

Yes it no longer exists, along with a PVC system that allows oil to contaminate the intercooler or a few of those other goodies that are mandated, by the need to breath clean air. I've got pump E85 close to me which will keep the exhaust cleaner then it would be otherwise. Unfortunately in this area lately, the state has contracted with an outside company to have mobile roadside emission monitoring locations that you drive through. I've noticed if you follow the car in front of you or even better yet a tractor trailer closely they can't get a reading on your car. If I do move to the Shenandoah Valley again the emission inspections aren't required. If it gets bad enough in this state I have a friend that lives in another that I doubt will ever require it and the car will get registered there

The EGR valve does increase fuel mileage in cruising conditions, but this car will never get good fuel mileage, so the slight lose in MPG versus the gains in cooler IAT2 during those times the valve would be functioning is worth it in my opinion. I removed the valve, but I didn't remove the electronic SIP portion of the valve, so the PCM is easy to tune for the lose of the valve.
Sounds like Cali to me.

deepblue13

Established Member
I believe they are changing the rules for the next mile event in October for 215+ certification. I know one major change is the requirement of a 10 point cage instead of 8, must have halo, possibly a parachute and a fire suppression system not just an extinguisher.

Van can maybe answer that better.

Maybe your wife would feel better with the amount of safety that’s actually required. I know my wife does.

Bad Company

Established Member
I'm sorry I haven't replied to any input on this thread. All I can say is heed the warnings about Romaine Lettuce........e-coli is a bitch.....but looking on the bright side, I lost 18 lbs LOL

Bad Company

Established Member
All completely understood. My wife is the same way. If it's my toy, no on is allowed to break it except us. Haha

I really want to see this car reach the 200mph mark. Hitting that speed on a bike is easy compared to a car. There is a lot to account for in regard to aerodynamics, proper down force, etc. On a bike I just had to slightly adjust my body to account for any issues felt. With a four wheeled beast you have to have a good memory and collect data to make changed before the next run. If something goes stupid, moving your butt to a different position isn't going to do anything.

The pucker factor may vacuum the front seat into your intestines, but that's the only change you will make.

Hitting the 200 mark would be very easy in this car. I doubt I'd have to do anything but show up and run it in the same configuration it is set up for the street. It is something I may still get a chance to do, I haven't given up on the idea. I've just postponed it for a while.

Bad Company

Established Member
Sounds like Cali to me.

Yeah I'm beginning to think the The Liberals are taking control here. I went to get a state safety inspection and the mechanic took one look at the hood and said take it somewhere else. I asked why and he commented that he'd fail it for the hood being too tall, he felt that it obstructed the driver's view. He also stated the state has a height limit on them in them. Gotta love it. At this point if I don't find an inspector to overlook it, I'll just drive it without the state inspection sticker on it. It sounds like I'll get a ticket for either too tall of a hood or no sticker if a LOE decides to bust me for it anyway.

Bad Company

Established Member
I believe they are changing the rules for the next mile event in October for 215+ certification. I know one major change is the requirement of a 10 point cage instead of 8, must have halo, possibly a parachute and a fire suppression system not just an extinguisher.

Van can maybe answer that better.

Maybe your wife would feel better with the amount of safety that’s actually required. I know my wife does.
If it requires a 10 pint cage with a front crossover brace and halo you'r talking a 25.3 cage. If it needs that to go above 215 I'll never install that to go that fast. That would destroy the ability to drive it on the street in my opinion. I know a few guys take the risk to drive a car with that style cage on the street, but one small accident on the street and those bars can do serious head injuries without a helmet on

At this point my wife is being stubborn on the topic of racing this car. She doesn't even like it when I take it out of the driveway, especially after I scared the crap out of her by passing out in the bathroom with this e-coli and she couldn't get me up.

Her seeing the grim reaper staring her in the face last year changed her thoughts on taking risks in life. It effected her in a lot more ways then just her health, it effected her way of thought to. I doubt any amount of safety equipment would make a difference in this. To her it is an un-necessary risk to life, her thoughts are you should be happy just to be alive.

Bad Company

Established Member
I did a little math the other day that kind of got my attention. I've always taken the Hp figure and divided it by the psi of boost to see how many Hp per psi of boost was being generated. It gives you an idea of the efficiency of the complete system.

The Corrected Hp output was 1108.6 with a max boost of 20.268 psi

1108.6 divided by 20.268 = 54.697 Hp per 1 psi of boost.

What is another interesting thing you can do is then use this to Guesstimate Hp at higher boost levels.

54.697hp x 25psi = 1367.42Hp

This thing is a potential monster, especially if at the same time the engine RPM limit goes up to around 7800 to see if it starts to nose over on power output. Talking to John he thinks I should have twisted it harder as the graph shows the power still climbing at the end of the pull at 7400

Users who are viewing this thread