The Real 2015 Mustang

TheRebel

Established Member
The "Arnie" was actually called the "Schwarzenegger". It was one of three concepts that would become the 1994 Mustang. The Terminator could have possibly adopted the name internally from the 1992 concept.

I will try to dig up the concept art and clay model pics if I can.

Edit: Well Bam Ba Lam, all 3 on one site... See how concepts become reality.

Ford Mustang Photo Gallery - 1994 Schwarzenegger concept | Shnack.com

The Schwarzenegger yes, the rest no. I'm sure we'll see many concepts before we get a clear idea of the 2014.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
The Schwarzenegger yes, the rest no. I'm sure we'll see many concepts before we get a clear idea of the 2014.

I'm actually really interested to see if Facebook will display the final concepts for us to comment. 5 million Ford Mustang likes is a nice slice of market pie. Social Media and Farley WILL use Facebook for feedback.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
2015-Ford-Mustang-Carscoop11.jpg

Looks liek they got the trunk, bodyline and overall shape from the 1-series, which is kind of ugly. Just bad proportions.

2011-BMW-1-Series-M-Coupe-Orange-Side-View-5-1024x680.jpg

A roofline like that could make a boner go limp.:uh oh:

Needs a fastback...ASAP!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
A roofline like that could make a boner go limp.:uh oh:

Needs a fastback...ASAP!
Don't worry bud, the fastback is coming. It won't be called a fastback though, Ford has created a buzzword for the new shape.

2015Mustang_Ford_3.jpg

2015MustangBlack.jpg

If you don't like the tail lights start bitching now before the reveal. Stretch the front of the black concept above onto the black one below and I'm in and committed.

Last edited:

memach1

Established Member
its going global isnt it? it makes sense to try and capture some european flair. it seems to have shades of the db9 in the renderings.

snakecharmer

Established Member
My biggest concern and fear is that the front end will be that of the new fusion which nearly every concept sketch has shown. The Mustang MUST look unique. IMO if they utilize the same style front end now used on the taurus, fusion, focus and escape...it will be the end of the mustang.

Nail on the head. If it looks like generic euro trash, then it will be a complete failure.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Nail on the head. If it looks like generic euro trash, then it will be a complete failure.
I know there is a difference between Euro trash and pedigree. Kinda harsh since the 1965 Mustang was heavily inspired by the DB4 and DB5.

A Mustang that is inspired by the DB9 is cool with me... Better than an M3 copy and paste yeah?

From what I hear, Ford pulled some major weight out of the new DEW alone, I am prepared for a lightweight, spirited change. Road Racers will love this car...

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I'll reserve judgement to see what the real thing looks like. More often than not, the actual car rarely ever looks like early renderings. Which in this case would be good, because I really don't like what I'm seeing here in this thread. No offense, ThePill. I'm sure you worked hard on that and it's tough to put yourself out there like that but I gotta be honest, I really hate it.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
112031d1339175344-2015-mustang-mule-testing-irs-spotted-race.jpg

Blending nice, another possibility.

That is SMOKING HOT! I'd buy one! Coupe, Fastback, or Convertible!

Wonder what the Cd is with this body?

It is very Fusionesque....... Not a bad thing.

Mike

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I'll reserve judgement to see what the real thing looks like. More often than not, the actual car rarely ever looks like early renderings. Which in this case would be good, because I really don't like what I'm seeing here in this thread. No offense, ThePill. I'm sure you worked hard on that and it's tough to put yourself out there like that but I gotta be honest, I really hate it.

No offense taken. The main purpose of this thread is to critique the concepts flowing in. Be harsh, be honest... Just because it feels late in the game for changes doesn't mean that they won't make them.

The team working on the 2015 is very similar to the same guys that worked on the Shelby Cobra Concept for Carroll. They built the clay in 45 days and that is all you need for the reveal.

If you don't like something guys, slam it. Social Media is a powerful tool and Mr. Farley is using it.

That is SMOKING HOT! I'd buy one! Coupe, Fastback, or Convertible!

Wonder what the Cd is with this body?

It is very Fusionesque....... Not a bad thing.

Mike
I am still having trouble completely accepting the EVOs shared DNA. Some minor changes could have this Mustang looking sinister. Come to think of it, the Fox and SN95 had to grow on me. I loved the 2005 but the 2010, 2013 changes had to grow on me as well. The 2013's look great but, they are getting too sedan-ish. Time for a pick me up... I was thrilled that the track and wheelbase would only be less than an inch shorter. I am hoping the height comes down to 52 inches...

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
What ever they come up with, hopefully it will debut in January at the Detroit auto show

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
I wonder if ford is going to go with new transmission, especially the manual.

I'm also dying to see how ford is going to go about ecoboost in the stang.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I wonder if ford is going to go with new transmission, especially the manual.

I'm also dying to see how ford is going to go about ecoboost in the stang.
Don't expect the MT82 to be absent. In all honesty, the MT82 and 5.0 work very well. The MT82's capabilities far exceed the current TR6060, is 40% cheaper than the TR6060, weighs 109lbs wet and has only one overdrive. It is possible that a revised MT82 will be used to compensate for new curb weight, increased power, tire size differences, drivetrain changes yadda yadda yadda... Both Ford's Auto and MT82 are working and are global.

Ecoboost is a word we will hear and see often.

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
What ever they come up with, hopefully it will debut in January at the Detroit auto show
Technically, the car should be shown in April 2014 to be on the dot. Too soon and the buzz might die and give competition time to counter (see ZL1). I believe the unvailing may be a separate event surrounding the birthday.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I still haven't seen a rendering I liked more than the red one posted in a couple other threads that came from R&T I think. Looks like an Aston Martin with a low profile and wide fenders. I'd still take that one over anything I've seen yet.

GokartMozart315

Established Member
that rendering looks gorgeous; not sure what planet thinks aston martin's corporate shape is "generic eurotrash." it looks like an evolution similar to the 69-70 change, which makes a lot of sense given the looks of the current body. maybe a little new edge in there too, which i personally like

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I want this...

Ford-Evos-Concept-Design-Sketch-15-299x355.jpg

In front of this...

2015MustangBlack.jpg

I have a feeling we are going to get use to seeing concepts like these. Still looking for the new fastback name. It was something like "Siliouette Roof" or siliouette something. (Edit) It's called Siliouette Innovation.
Silhouette innovation, Perceived efficiency (the fastback roof profile, the thin roof pillars), Refined surface language (muscular wheel arches), Technical graphics (low profile headlights and tail lamps, an integrated rear exhaust and diffuser) and Visual sense of premium quality.

The new LED lamps are called "Laser Cut"... Next Ford will try to rename "winning".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread