The Random Military Aircraft Pic/Vids thread

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
tumblr_n3gty8Zpr51txx6x7o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_n3gty8Zpr51txx6x7o4_1280.jpg

raustin0017

Established Member
C-17A Tactical Decent = all 4 engines in reveres thrust, spoilers/speed brakes deployed, push flight control stick forward and keep a max of 20,000 feet per minute decent rate and max of 300 KIAS (Knots Indicated Air Speed). What a ride!

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
C-17A Tactical Decent = all 4 engines in reveres thrust, spoilers/speed brakes deployed, push flight control stick forward and keep a max of 20,000 feet per minute decent rate and max of 300 KIAS (Knots Indicated Air Speed). What a ride!

I'm assuming reverse thrust is to prevent that thing from becoming a lawn dart?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Reversing the thrust slows the aircraft though? Pretty sure it is done so the aircraft can maintain that steep of a dive and be able to pull out of it.

You basically paraphrased what I said, LOL. Less airspeed means less lift and allows the aircraft to increase its rate of decent. The goal being to give bad guys the least amount of time to shoot at them.

MG0h3

Established Member
You basically paraphrased what I said, LOL. Less airspeed means less lift and allows the aircraft to increase its rate of decent. The goal being to give bad guys the least amount of time to shoot at them.
My bad. Thought you meant they reversed thrust to speed up when you said that...drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Coiled03

Established Member

Wow....what's the starting altitude?

Users who are viewing this thread