The Powder House Issues

starnsey

Established Member
Just to update:

Sara got in contact with me quickly and is shipping my baffles out today. They refunded my shipping cost, which was nice, and offered to redo the covers. I turned down the offer since the imperfections seem to be in spots that won't be noticeable once in the engine bay and me wanting to get my car back running as quickly as possible since it's been down for so long.

I hope my post didn't come off as attacking them as people, but simply as a review of my experience. It was written after many days of anticipation of being able to finally start putting my car back together only to realize I would be delayed further. So it was for sure a venting of frustration.

They helped mend the situation in whatever ways they could, and if they weren't four states away, I would have taken them up on their offer fully. I just want to make sure that it's stated that they do take care of their customers, if not sometimes a little slow in response time, which I understand can be caused by an infinite number of situations. So I appreciate their drive to try to fix the situation.

As an aside: if any of you ever look into buying new valve covers for 4V heads, be CERTAIN that the ones you're buying are truly an exact match to what you have on your car. As someone that looks at pictures of these things all day, every day and as a company that sees them every day, it's something incredibly subtle that slipped by both of our sights. So just make sure you're aware of all the slight differences in things like that.

Kiohtee

Established Member
You might wanna edit your original post with "They helped mend the situation in whatever ways they could, and if they weren't four states away, I would have taken them up on their offer fully. I just want to make sure that it's stated that they do take care of their customers, if not sometimes a little slow in response time, which I understand can be caused by an infinite number of situations. So I appreciate their drive to try to fix the situation." stuck in the beginning before anything else so anyone who may search for this company in the future sees you were taken care of first thing.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
glad to hear it is working out for you. It seems like both parties involved handled it like gentlemen and ladies, as it should be. If it matters OP, I did not think you were attacking the company in any way with your post. You came across as a solid dude that posted this thread as your last ditch effort to get your car back running and really needed help desperately. I don't know Sarah or Brian and have never ordered from them or talked to them before but, after reading this I will order from them in the future when I get ready to get new calipers and valve covers.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good resolution and good idea to post an update in your original post. Well done by both parties. Mistakes can happen. It is how they are handled that matters the most.

Users who are viewing this thread