The one weirdest thing your never about your home state.

colin450

Established Member
Massachusetts

Lobster was once so abundant in this state that it was given to slaves and prisoners.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Michigan

We are the wolverine state, the animal is on our flag but apparently there are no wolverines in Michigan anymore.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Oh, and this according to huffpost.

The United States Congress failed to go through all the motions of recognizing Ohio as an official state when it was first recognized in 1803. Congress recognized the state in 1953 after the error was discovered, but decided to retroactively make the official founding date reflect the original year.

LMAO! That's funny.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
North Carolina
Two nuclear bombs were accidentally dropped on the state. One almost detonated.
In 1961, two nuclear bombs 260 times more powerful than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima were accidentally dropped over Goldsboro, N.C.. One of the bombs even activated, but was defused by an emergency kill switch that was known to be regularly faulty.

I actually live/grew up about 10 miles from this site. They didn't drop over Goldsboro, home of Seymour Johnson AFB, they actually dropped about 8 miles west near the Nahunta community. I wouldn't be typing this if either/both had detonated. Crazy!

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Few things I learned about VA after being stationed there for years. You cannot curse on the boardwalk in VA Beach, $75 each fine per curse word. Also, you can legally beat your wife on the steps of the court house as long as it is before 8 pm.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Few things I learned about VA after being stationed there for years. You cannot curse on the boardwalk in VA Beach, $75 each fine per curse word. Also, you can legally beat your wife on the steps of the court house as long as it is before 8 pm.

That is just amazing you can do that legally:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread