The oil in the throttle body issue... suggestions needed

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
So my stock eaton went bad last week (bearings in the snout) so I found a used one with less miles on it. My car only has 37k and only about 1000 miles with the 2.8 pulley and i found it odd the SC went out but hey....

My tuner did most of the swap for me and he called me down today to finish the job and we found oil in the throttle body and in the supercharger housing and almost all the way to the intake filter. Needless to say that is not right. The car has been idling a little rough and we replaced the PCV system when I did by first build just a few months ago. I bought it bone-stock a few more months ago. Other then that the car runs really good and is still making very good power. I have the car back together now and it is running very well. I am a little worried about the oil we found in the intake. My tuner thinks the motor is on its last leg and the piston rings are scorched on # 7 and #8 which is causing boost blow by and oil blow by. The car also does the puff of blue smoke once in a while when it is cold, but not always.

I know this to be a more common issue just from researching this forum and am wondering if the motor truly is on its last leg...? If there continues to be oil build up in the intake but the car runs strong, It boggles my mind..?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else finding oil in there intake?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Does anyone else actually think my motor has had it? Or is this just a common problem that needs to be properly addressed. My tuner has got me all worried....

It woulda been probably easier to give your personal knowledge and advice... thats the point to these forums...?

Regardless funny that was funny enough.

Terminators are now close to 10 years old. Virtually every topic and issue you can imagine has a thread on this site. I mean thread after thread after thread...and common issues these cars come with have been addressed in a lot of great past threads.

Personally, I had to go the JLT prefilter route to eliminate the oil in the tb and blue smoke at startup.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Terminators are now close to 10 years old. Virtually every topic and issue you can imagine has a thread on this site. I mean thread after thread after thread...and common issues these cars come with have been addressed in a lot of great past threads.

Personally, I had to go the JLT prefilter route to eliminate the oil in the tb and blue smoke at startup.

I understand....

I hope it works for me.

Everyone wants their own thread though man! My problem is different then the others.. cant you see.haha

NJredfire03

Established Member
just looked at JLT's site and looked at their FAQ. The PCV pre-filter on the passenger side with the their oil separator on the driver side works best for these cars. It will only drastically help an engine that doesn't have any internal wear allowing more than normal oil vapors to blow by. The set up I just decribed will definitely be one of my next purchases.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
I hope it works for me.

Everyone wants their own thread though man! My problem is different then the others.. cant you see.haha[/QUOTE]

:-D

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
just looked at JLT's site and looked at their FAQ. The PCV pre-filter on the passenger side with the their oil separator on the driver side works best for these cars. It will only drastically help an engine that doesn't have any internal wear allowing more than normal oil vapors to blow by. The set up I just decribed will definitely be one of my next purchases.

Ya, i made this purchase earlier today.

I dont know what normal blow by means.... I mean the car runs like a raped ape but has oil in the intake nearly all the way to the filter. Is it possible for the car to have internal wear and still run good and make 455 rwhp? This is driving me nuts...

Thanks.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
I am doing a leak down/compression test Monday next week to determine if there is anything internal going on causing more blow-by then normal.

I will keep this thread posted.

Users who are viewing this thread