***The Official Nitrous Thread***

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I would stick with the 50 HP dry shot.
It makes life much simpler. 1/2 the plumbing. You add fuel with the chip if you want.
And I would beg to differ with Twinturbo's statement above. You will most definitely know you hit the switch even with only a 50 shot.

Dana

wicked03snake

Established Member
the nitrous in a bag sounds good, but what about the cheesy lines and solenoids? also, if the gas gets on the mass air and freezes it, it will hurt. i want something that goes directly behind the throttle body, and program a nitrous side to my flip chip, that way i know im safe

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
hey...all I can say is it works with the small 40 shot just fine....easy..and cheap....and doesnt take away from the stock no nitrous look. Plenty here have used it after seeing my system on for months and months. Sure the upscale systems work too....all depends on what you want. I have the talent to push a button with my thumb while shifting...some dont have that talent and need a throttle switch and an rpm setup for when the nitrous comes on. I watch the tach and hit the juice. When I am done..I unplug it..and tuck it away in the center console. Usually right after my run so no one knows any different.

There are two sensors...one in the mass air and one under the blower...when that blower air sensors kicks in it senses that cold air and believe me...it richens things up. I always ran 116 octane fuel though and 11.5 a/f ...with 22 lbs of boost and a 40 shot.

With the small shots you really do not need to worry about the mass air freezing up at all...its the LS1 guys with their huge 100 to 150 shots that have those problems.

But thats my take on it all...if someone needs and wants to show off that they have nitrous and cant handle doing more than one thing at a time while racing...then the more expensive setups are a must.

Hot Rod(No flaming...to each his own)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
Modular Fords Mach 1 Forum Moderator

wicked03snake

Established Member
im just afraid of the plastic lines, i want to go with the kit but i just dont know, could you get braided lines to go on the kit? if so ill prbly try the kit just for fun

HotRodHarry

Established Member
I did it just for the insurance on a hotter day running the car. Thats all. And for the fun too. The plastic lines are fine..remember...its just nitrous going through them..and a small shot to boot. If something happen with the very small plastic line..whats the worse that can happen....a very small amount of nitrous goes into the air outside the car....and the car wont go faster then....nothing can happen that would hurt the car. Maybe just make people outside the car alittle happier :D

There is braided line from the bottle to the solenoid.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

03Steve

Established Member
How about KB owners who are starting to tax their injectors? Doesn't a wet kit make more sense?

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
ok, this is the official N20 thread so I will ask you all the same question I have asked for the last year now.

I am going to be running the KB @ 17psi and I want to spray along with that. I am taking my car to modular madness to get the work done there but I want impressions of what spray to use with the KB. I want to cool the car even more if it only means running an in the bag 30shot. So, lets here what you guys have to say

HotRodHarry

Established Member
You know my take...if you want to use only a small shot like I did to cool the air charge down...then all you really need is the Compucar Nitrous in a Bag setup....if you want to go with the higher shots of juice ...as in 80 and up (remember...it almost doubles the stated horse on our cars...then go with the high end systems.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

HotRodHarry

Established Member
second time typing this....cable modem cut me off!!

I would say a 50 shot will be fine with the KB and 17 lbs and a good 11.0 to 11.5 a/f with a safe tune for pump gas.

I have the Compucar Nitrous in a Bag setup on my Mom's 03 Cobra Convertible with exactly that shot and there is a KB on there also. Tuned by Nitrous Pete and all has been awesome with that car.

venmousracer

Established Member
I want to run a 100 shot, where would I be able to shoot? I am in the proccess of getting a flip chip along with a dyno tune, I have a 99 cobra with an 03 cobra motor and six speed with a solid axle, but i aslo want to do a 100 shop for just incase I race someone faster. Ed

Bosko

Established Member
Do any of the Nitrous Kits come with a WOT switch... Not a Mechanical switch but some type of relay that will go on the TPS wire and turn on at WOT??? I dont know anything about nitrous or the kits. If I put something like that on my car I want to be sneaky about it.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Bosko,
Yes, I have seen them advertised. I don't remember which manufacturer has them though. Sorry. But what you want does exist.

I am using the MAFterburner to control mine. Works great!
Window switch plus WOT switch.

Dana

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by CWCobra
Any opinions of the ZEX kit? it sure sounds easy, and activates only at WOT, if i'm not mistaken.

Later,
CW

The only problem with the Zex kit is you would have to use their wet kit. Not a good idea in my opinion. I used their dry kit on my 95gt and it worked great though! But without a fuel pressure regulator, we are out of luck on using most dry kits.

avdawg

Established Member
Well, just to throw in my 2 cents...I WOULD do a wet system. We have been running them on our Lightnings and it works well.

Our 03 set up is a little different, stand alone fuel system & 3 stages (of which one stage is on at WOT, 2nd stage on a delay timer, and the 3rd stage on a proggresive)

We have 2 stages working, 50hp in the 1st, and 150hp in the second. The third stage is still in progress ( a small set back with the NOSzles) but we are allmost over that.

Until the 3rd stage is completed I cant coment on HP numbers

But I can tell you it pulls like a freight train:D

These pics are a little old, but gives you the general idea of the set up.

Cobra_NOS_A_1_6_03.jpg

jb

venmousracer

Established Member
Avdawg, thats a purty setup, still I am looking for help here, i am running a 2.8 upper pulley with a 100mm idler 12inch con filter, x-pipe and a bassani catback with a diablo flip chip, car has a solid axle with a 3:73 gear this all in a 99 cobra with a 03 motor and trans, I am looking to adding a dry shot 75 or 100 i prefer a 100 shot, can anybody shine some light on what kit and where to mount the nozzle? thanxs Guys

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
100 WET SHOT

we are running a 100 wet shot from nitrous express. We have the stock Eaton on the car still. we ran 11.22 at 125 last fri night, with poor 60 foot times. I will let you know what the 150 shot is like in two weeks at fun ford at ennis, TX!!!! The motor can handle the juice if youm have the tuning to back it up!!

Users who are viewing this thread