The new Z/28 vs. BOSS 302 On Track

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I thought you'd like to see a couple of the first BOSS vs Z encounters. Note how even we are down the two long straights. The Z/28 is a great car but put the same tires and brake pads of your choice and it could be a drivers race.

[video=youtube;dtb-bGxHdZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dtb-bGxHdZk[/video]

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
The second video is not me and this is a ZL1 not a Z/28.

[video=youtube;ZDmFbfwzOLg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZDmFbfwzOLg[/video]

Last edited:

senderofan

Established Member
Hate to see anyone spin out.....looks like he missed his marks....I think he was driving in the mirrors and noticed he wasn't pulling away from you. Hope he didn't mess his car up too much. Great video! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully there will be more sightings on the tracks around the country. I'm sure they are extremely capable track cars....would be fun to follow one like you did.

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
That big front splitter might have taken some damage I have a huntch.... hate to see that. No question the tires are a big part of the cars stock success in mag tests.

LostPony

Established Member
Thats about what I expect to happen when I see one here on track. GM hero laps reported as gospel, real world results may vary.

Just_a_car_guy

Established Member
The Z/28 driver has thread regarding his experience on Camaro5...check it out. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362713

Looks like this was the first time this driver has had the car out, and the car was still in its breakin period...he claims he never ran it all out. No real damage to the car during the spin which was lucky.

There must have been a silver Z/28 out there as well.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Yes there was also a silver one and he was not pushing it.

The white was was his second day out with the car as he was there on Saturday too.

Edit, I wasn't running mine to redline either. It was already mid 90's and I was shifting at 6,500 to keep my car from getting too hot. But trust me, neither was leaving any on the table for that short encounter. Obviously. :nono:

Last edited:

Shhhh

Established Member
Thats about what I expect to happen when I see one here on track. GM hero laps reported as gospel, real world results may vary.

Very cool video. Looks like a fun track! :beer:

Glad to hear there is no major damage either.

Edit: Read the c5 report and he seems like a cool guy. It definitely looks like he was losing it before he touched the white line though.

Last edited:

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
Awesome video OP. Kudos for actually running your Boss out on the track. Looks right at home. :thumbsup:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Very cool video. Looks like a fun track! :beer:

Glad to hear there is no major damage either.

Edit: Read the c5 report and he seems like a cool guy. It definitely looks like he was losing it before he touched the white line though.
Yea it's all good. He backed off the track and his splitter was not damaged that I saw.

Z O SICK

Established Member
Good vid. It looks like the Z/28 pulls pretty good out of the turns. I'm willing to bet the driver wasn't the best. I'm sure with you in the Z/28, you would have put bus lengths on a Boss with equal drivers. I'm not by any means taking anything away from you, more so complements of your driving ability.

PowerUp

Established Member
The second video is not me.

[video=youtube;ZDmFbfwzOLg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZDmFbfwzOLg[/video]

Uh, this ISN'T a Z/28, it's a 1LE. Check @ 1:17-1:19: NO high tail spoiler, NO fender-fillers, NO Z/28 on the front fenders...but there IS an SS badge on the trunk, below the spoiler-right side.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Good vid. It looks like the Z/28 pulls pretty good out of the turns. I'm willing to bet the driver wasn't the best. I'm sure with you in the Z/28, you would have put bus lengths on a Boss with equal drivers. I'm not by any means taking anything away from you, more so complements of your driving ability.
I think he's an SCCA instructor. I now have 23 track days under my belt so I'm still pretty new at all of this.

Regarding the video it's a ZL1.

Last edited:

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
My friend on FB are not liking this video, claiming the Z driver is inexperienced... I said it appeared to me the Z slipped on all that ugly it drips :D

Thanks for sharing!

5 DOT 0

Established Member
This is all in good fun so keep that in mind. As for my experience I don't even keep lap times and don't care how many Miata's pass me.

senderofan

Established Member
This is all in good fun so keep that in mind. As for my experience I don't even keep lap times and don't care how many Miata's pass me.

+1! I think it's more about getting better as a driver and more importantly...Having fun. I don't like to see anyone spin or crash.....because the next time it could be me.

Shhhh

Established Member

+1! I think it's more about getting better as a driver and more importantly...Having fun. I don't like to see anyone spin or crash.....because the next time it could be me.

The Boss section has the nicest and most level headed posts on SVTP.
...maybe I should have bought a Boss. I like it in here haha.:D
:beer:

Race Red Boss

Established Member
I think he's an SCCA instructor. I now have 23 track days under my belt so I'm still pretty new at all of this.

Regarding the video I was told it was a Z/28 but I think you're right and it's a 1LE. The spoiler looks like it could be correct but I do not see the fender fillers.

Curious how the car is holding up after 23 sessions at the track. Any oil consumption or other issues you can share?

Users who are viewing this thread